Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #31
sahara1974
sahara1974 is clearly one to watchsahara1974 is clearly one to watchsahara1974 is clearly one to watchsahara1974 is clearly one to watchsahara1974 is clearly one to watchsahara1974 is clearly one to watchsahara1974 is clearly one to watchsahara1974 is clearly one to watchsahara1974 is clearly one to watchsahara1974 is clearly one to watchsahara1974 is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindl Touch
After the 6th point you should have a new network Kindle. In the properties of the network connection to send ip 192.168.15.201. This is for Windows 7
It then starts Putti
sahara1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #32
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaswistry View Post
Good Day Everyone!

Forgive me for asking but I have already searched everywhere but could not find an answer. I'm a few steps away from Jailbreaking my Kindle Touch 5.3.2 but I'm stuck here:

Configure the computer's USB network interface to use the static IP address 192.168.15.201

How do you configure a computer's USB network interface? I've tried looking online but to no avail. By the way, I'm on a Mac with 10.7 as the OS.

Please help?
twobob posted that answer, with pictures, recently somewhere here for it - search his posts.
OR, the wiki index pages in the forum sticky.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #33
kaswistry
kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaswistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thank you for the reply. I managed to get to the last part without errors.

Last question: How do I know if my Kindle has been successfully jailbroken? Is there a way to check?

Thank you
kaswistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #34
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Yes. Install any of the custom updates, for instance usbnetwork.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #35
jmrocks
jmrocks began at the beginning.

Hey, So I'm trying to jailbreak but after getting into fastboot with mfgTool and using the fastboot tool to try to flash kt_5.0.0-diags_kernel.img, I get an error saying 'writing
'kt_5.0.0-diags_kernal'...
FAILED (remote: Invalid partition)'

Help would be appreciated, thanks
jmrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #36
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrocks View Post
Hey, So I'm trying to jailbreak but after getting into fastboot with mfgTool and using the fastboot tool to try to flash kt_5.0.0-diags_kernel.img, I get an error saying 'writing
'kt_5.0.0-diags_kernal'...
FAILED (remote: Invalid partition)'

Help would be appreciated, thanks
The full text of the commands you are entering please.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #37
jmrocks
jmrocks began at the beginning.

fastboot flash kt_5.0.0-diags_kernel
jmrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #38
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Code:
 fastboot --help

usage: fastboot [ <option> ] <command>

commands:
  flash <partition> [ <filename> ]         flash downloaded data
partitions:
  bootloader                               bootloader, 376KiB
  prod                                     overlaps bootloader, 120KiB
  bist                                     bist, 256KiB
  userdata                                 userdata, 5KiB
  userpartition                            userpartition
  mbr                                      master boot record
  kernel                                   primary kernel
  diags_kernel                             diags kernel
  system                                   main system (root) partition
  diags                                    secondary system (diags) partition
  data                                     user data
fastboot flash diags_kernel kt_5.0.0-diags_kernel (from memory, CHECK THAT, I just did)

You are missing a target alias. This is a bad tool to use without understanding. It can do very bad things... (you asked it - with your malformed command - to write from STDIN to an unknown target partition called kt_5.0.0-diags_kernel from what I can make of the error, thanks goodness you dont have one called that ; ) )

try fastboot --help - worth a read. For sure.

Last edited by twobob; 01-30-2013 at 11:53 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #39
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

*sigh*. I have even provided the exact commands. You only have to copy/paste them. *sigh*
Old 01-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #40
knc1
Going Viral

That one (without a target specified) should have errored out without any damage.
But only as a matter of luck.

As twobob said: at least read the help file!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #41
Glosnik
Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Hi everyone! I'm trying to do JB on KT 5.3.2. Previously I posted a long post, but in the meantime I found what I looked for in "Small debricking guide for “noobs”" thread. I think it will work, because I haven't checked it yet - having concerns about file versions.
As my Kindle is working on 5.3.2, the files attached to this post are for older version. In this guide, there is a statment that:
Quote:
N.B It should be totally clear that:
- main kernel version MUST MATCH main partition version
- diags kernel version MUST MATCH diags partition version
- main partition doesn’t necessary have the same version of diags partition
Can I use kt_5.0.0-kernel_diags.gz and kt_5.0.1-mmcblk0p2_diags+ssh.img.gz for my Kindle?

For people who are having problems with Mfgtool -> download KindleSelectBoot from this forum, it consists proper Mfgtool for Kindle.

Old post here:
Spoiler:

Hi everyone! I'm trying to do JB on KT 5.3.2. Unfortunately I got stuck on second point.
English is not my native language, but I understand it without translator. However I'm not familiar with technical terms, so could you help me?
That's my brothers' Kindle, he wants new functions and I like modding. But I'd like not to destroy it as well.

It would be great, if someone could give me (technical dummie) Step-by-step tutorial.
I downloaded these files:
Code:
-Mfgtools-Rel-1.6.2.042_BluetechnixExtended3.zip
-kt_5.0.0-kernel_diags.gz
-fastboot_win_public.zip
-kt_5.0.1-mmcblk0p2_diags+ssh.img.gz
-Kindle-Fastboot.inf (file generated in libusb, I think so)
-libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0.zip
-libusb-win32-devel-filter-1.2.6.0.exe
-pubdevkey01.pem.zip.
- Putty client
That's all I have.

Having read those threads:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171460
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2000997
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2002101
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2001621

I think I should do this:
  1. unzip, and upload pubdevkey01.pem to main dir
  2. now - I should put kindle into fastboot mode, but:
    when I use Mfgtools nothing happens (KT is not detected by this tool), so:
    a) install Kindle-Fastboot.inf somehow, or
    b) plug Kindle with Power button pressed, press Home button, release Power, release Home.
  3. Next step - can I use fastboot_win_public.zip for these points?
    Code:
    download, gunzip, and flash the diags kernel using fastboot flash diags_kernel kt_5.0.0-kernel_diags
    download, gunzip, and flash the SSH-enabled diags partition using fastboot flash diags kt_5.0.1-mmcblk0p2_diags+ssh.img
    boot into diags mode using fastboot setvar bootmode diags, followed by fastboot reboot
  4. Where do I choose it? On Kindle, or my Computer?
    Code:
    Once in diags mode, enable USB Networking by choosing the following entries in this order: N - U - Z - X
  5. Code:
    Configure the computer's USB network interface to use the static IP address 192.168.15.201
    SSH to the Kindle (its IP is 192.168.15.244) using username: root, password: mario
    I think I can manage it, I use Control Panel in Windows for USB network and Putty for SSH? What's the formula for SSH?
  6. Code:
    Finally, execute the following commands on the Kindle:
    Kindle has any terminal??

I have Windows 7 SP1 x64, and XP SP3 x32, but can download Ubuntu LiveCD if needed.
Thank you for reading

Last edited by Glosnik; 02-10-2013 at 03:43 AM.
Glosnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #42
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oops wrong thread

Last edited by twobob; 02-09-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #43
hthach
hthach began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
excuse me, this is the first time i use kindle, i can not understand any step. Could you show me some images to help me.
hthach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #44
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthach View Post
excuse me, this is the first time i use kindle, i can not understand any step. Could you show me some images to help me.
Ixtab has provided the exact commands. You only have to copy/paste them.

I don't see how pictures are going to help with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXTAB
Anyway, if you are having trouble with the tools, please ask in the simple debricking thread, not here!
Which is HERE (and yes, there are some pictures included on some of the threads.)

Last edited by twobob; 02-18-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #45
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthach View Post
Much simpler: use Kubrick and select to install the jailbreak, then re-upgrade to 5.3.2.