Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #181
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The US --CA -- WW thing is pretty much an all the time thing it seems. I wonder if they will always keep the world one or if some day we will also have AU NZ DE etc
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #182
portablejim
Enthusiast
portablejim has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Touch Black
Just used the WW and US june29 codes.
portablejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #183
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
Patrick Robinson's Diamondhead for free using the code: DIAMOND.

Tip from here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141310
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #184
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
Thanks Musashi! I'll add this to the OP.
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #185
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Man, I wish I could find a book to use it on. EVERY book I try to buy is locked out of the promotion. I know it's not Kobo's fault.
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #186
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgift View Post
Man, I wish I could find a book to use it on. EVERY book I try to buy is locked out of the promotion. I know it's not Kobo's fault.
Same here, that's why I'm still considering the Touch as IF I buy it before the 10th(or was it the 7th?) they're kicking in a $10 gift code fore the store.

Funny thing is that many of the books that I looked up I have paperback copies that I purchased LONG ago and these fsckers want $3-5 MORE than I originally paid for a pb?! GTFO!

I just can't get over the ridiculous inflation in pb prices over the last 10 or so years though. They've almost doubled in price, yet man of the trade pbs that I looked at were only $2 above where I recall them being 15y or more ago...
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #187
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
I notice that the kobodollaroff code is only good once.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #188
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
I just tried jun29ca20 and it told me it was expired even though it is still July 3.

Funny thing is that jun29ww20 worked fine.

Go figure.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:10 AM   #189
daewon
Enthusiast
daewon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR
I never got my 10 dollar code i been hearing about when you buy a Touch...How do i get it?
daewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:47 AM   #190
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daewon View Post
I never got my 10 dollar code i been hearing about when you buy a Touch...How do i get it?
AFAIK, in Canada, when you register your device, they email you the $10 coupon that's good for purchases at kobobooks.com.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #191
cmargm
Enthusiast
cmargm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
same here

I had the same thing happen to me. I tried quite a few books and was unable to use the promotion code. I also know it isn't Kobo's fault but it does get a bit frustrating. I wish I had a list of publishers that don't allow "promotions". Would save me a great deal of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgift View Post
cmargm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #192
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmargm View Post
I had the same thing happen to me. I tried quite a few books and was unable to use the promotion code. I also know it isn't Kobo's fault but it does get a bit frustrating. I wish I had a list of publishers that don't allow "promotions". Would save me a great deal of time.
Someone posted elsewhere that if you at a book there is only one price listed (i.e. it doesn't show a price and then a discounted price) then the promo code doesn't work. In my experience that has been true.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #193
portablejim
Enthusiast
portablejim has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Touch Black
Kobo seems to offer a discount on the list price everywhere they can (even if it is only a small % of the price). If they have already taken some off (i.e. there are 2 prices listed), then they can take off more (i.e. with a promo code). However if the prices are set, they cannot take off anything, so there is just the one price.
portablejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #194
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by daewon View Post
Borders has the same deal through either the 7th or 10th... don't recall which offhand...

$10 credit when you register for the Kobo store...
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #195
ZombWii
Enthusiast
ZombWii began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by portablejim View Post
Kobo seems to offer a discount on the list price everywhere they can (even if it is only a small % of the price). If they have already taken some off (i.e. there are 2 prices listed), then they can take off more (i.e. with a promo code). However if the prices are set, they cannot take off anything, so there is just the one price.
In my experiences that is not always true.

e.g. currently Erik Larson's new one "In The Garden Of Beasts" shows only the "Buy Now" price of $9.99 and if you click through to the purchase page, you don't get the "Due to publisher restrictions..." warning.
And I just purchased the book to make sure the jun29us20 goes through...it worked.

The warning, at least as far as I'm aware, is fairly recent. In the past it was a matter of trial and error...inputting a promo code and waiting to see if it was accepted or not. Having that information on the purchase page makes life a little bit easier.

So no, the "one price displayed means no promo codes" theory is not strictly true. ALWAYS go through to the purchase page and look for the disclaimer.

Last edited by ZombWii; 07-04-2011 at 03:44 PM. Reason: clarification
ZombWii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals