Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-25-2007, 10:56 AM   #136
letkemanp
letkemanp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader
Check out https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10137
letkemanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #137
Aerlock
Aerlock began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Qua
I seem to have a similar problem. Appears to read in the pdf file OK but then tells me that Dilate has stopped working. I'm running Vista Ultimate and have gor .Net framework installed. The prog runs fine on my other computer running XP so I guess it is an operating system problem. I've included the infor that appears after the prog has stopped working in case it helps.
I'm getting similar errors on my XP machine. I'm also getting a message that is titled PDF Library and says Evaluation period expired, please contact pdfsupport@pdf-tools.com. The same line also shows up in the CMD prompt window. This happens every time I start PDFrasterfarian. I just uninstalled 2.1.6 and installed 2.2.1. I was getting the same PDF Library error with 2.1.6 and it would not process any .pdf files.

Here's what I get when I choose to preview the first page:
Code:
Generating preview....
...Creating EPS file from PDF page
...Performing autocropping (this step may take several minutes)
...Rastering PNG file from EPS file (this step may take several minutes)
...Running PNG file through Dilation and Shrink filters

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembl
y 'imageManip, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of
its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application c
onfiguration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (E
xception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
File name: 'imageManip, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' -
--> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B1): This application h
as failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstall
ing the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
   at Dilate.Program.Dilate(Bitmap bitmap)
   at Dilate.Program.Main(String[] args)

...Running PNG file through Sharpening filter
convert.exe: unable to open image `H:\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\prv_6.png': No
 such file or directory.
convert.exe: unable to open file `H:\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\prv_6.png'.
convert.exe: missing an image filename `H:\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\prv_7.png
'.
...Reducing the colors of the PNG file
convert.exe: unable to open image `H:\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\prv_7.png': No
 such file or directory.
convert.exe: unable to open file `H:\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\prv_7.png'.
convert.exe: missing an image filename `H:\PDFrasterFarian 2.2.1\\temp\p1962.png
'.
I get the same unhandled exception errors when I try to process a .pdf without previewing the first page.
Aerlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2007, 04:25 AM   #138
sambartle
sambartle began at the beginning.

Fantastic Application

I just tried this to convert some PDF's I have of software documentation and I have to say it works brilliantly (its the first content i've loaded onto my PRS500 and been happy with)

Just wanted to let you know that 2.2.1 installed and works perfectly first time for me.. I do have visual studio installed on this pc mind.. Maybe theres something that VS installs that allows this to run properly??
sambartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:20 AM   #139
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I have 2005 VB Studio Express version, and I wasn't able to install...
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:59 PM   #140
sambartle
sambartle began at the beginning.

hmm, was working fine all of yesterday..

shut down laptop to go to bed.. restarted it and now its not working anymore.. everytime i hit the pdfrasterfarian link on the right click menu windows shows me the dialog box where you can select which application to use to open the file..

very strange! (nothing has changed other than the reboot..) im gonna go see if i can find out why this is happening.

/edit: im a fool.. i thought that the install command file moved the files to program files or such and ran from there.. turns out it doesnt, so the error started after a removed the folder form the desktop.. recreated it and its working 100% fine again

Last edited by sambartle; 04-01-2007 at 05:02 PM.
sambartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2007, 07:47 AM   #141
Jary
Jary began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
I'm having a little problem.

I have a .PDF file, I'm using version 2.1.4, and I try to read the file in vertical view (normal view). I've tried all modes, and I also did bolder the text (set it on 3), but the problem is the margin is not fine, mostly the top one, and the text is still a little too small.

Is there any way to get this better please ?
Jary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #142
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
the top margin becomes large if the autocropped page is wider than the 3:4 aspect ratio (ie, it gets aligned to the bottom edge). That and the issue of small fonts is best resolved by doing manual cropping. This lets you zoom in on the text itself (removing visible things that autocropping doesn't touch) and adjust the margins to your preference. You can do this using Acrobat Pro or JAP or some other pdf tool (there are several shareware options). As I always say, if you find a good free tool that I can integrate into pdfrasterfarian, it would be appreciated by many.
alex_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #143
Jary
Jary began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Thanks for the quick answer. I'm looking for it then.
Jary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #144
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
RasterFarian 2.5.0 is up on the new thread.
alex_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:10 PM   #145
kb7rjf
kb7rjf began at the beginning.

Stupid question-
Is there a version/equivalent program of RasaerFarian for those of us who live in a window$-free world? I use Mac OS-X and various *nix environments. Period. I would like to be able to rescale, etc my pdf files for use with the prs-500. Much technical documentation exista only in pdf format.

Thanks,
Mark
kb7rjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:40 AM   #146
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb7rjf
Stupid question-
Is there a version/equivalent program of RasaerFarian for those of us who live in a window$-free world? I use Mac OS-X and various *nix environments. Period. I would like to be able to rescale, etc my pdf files for use with the prs-500. Much technical documentation exista only in pdf format.

Thanks,
Mark
Well, you can use PDFRead -- it works on Windows, Linux and OS X and supports multiple eBook devices. You might want to check this mobileread thread for more details.

DISCLAIMER: I'm the one who wrote PDFRead
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:59 AM   #147
nidecta
nidecta began at the beginning.

Device: Librie & Sony Reader
Question Invalid value blockrule, the same error

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongwun View Post
Originally Posted by fifidong
Code:

Input File Name : C:\Documents and Settings\dongsshi\Desktop\PDFrasterFarian 2.1.2\\temp\temp.lrs
Output File Name : C:\Documents and Settings\dongsshi\Desktop\PDFrasterFarian 2.1.2\_30__revive.lrf
ファイルの整合性をチェックします
整合性のチェック完了
[Warning ] Publisherの文字列が長すぎて、表示しきれない場合があります。
書誌情報ファイルの整合性をチェックします
書誌情報ファイルの整合性チェック完了
[Warning ] Invalid value blockrule. Set Default value [line: 37]
[Error ] Invalid file encoding. [line: 39]
ファイルが正しくありません
強制終了
次のファイルを削除します。:: C:\Documents and Settings\dongsshi\Desktop\PDFrasterFarian 2.1.2\_30__revive.lrf

That's what the lrs2lrf.log file contains
I have no clue why those Japanese Fonts are in there.
Also, I have installed East Asian Languages but, Language for non-Unicode programs is set to English (US default).

I attempted on several files, including this one (12 pages)
and eBooks. However same thing happens.

I got the same error. After some testing, I noticed this only happens if I choose "Full" post-processing. All the output PNG files are blank. "Simple" post-processing works fine. I am using 2.1.3. Any idea what the problem is?

I got the same error.....even in the simple model.....
nidecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:01 PM   #148
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The reason you get the Japanese is because lrs2lrf.exe is written in Japanese. Might have been written for the Librie. What you can try is if you have Book Designer, take the LRS file and run it though MSH_LRSParser.exe which is in C:\Program Files\Book Designer\Tools\Reader\

Jon
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:40 AM   #149
nidecta
nidecta began at the beginning.

Device: Librie & Sony Reader
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The reason you get the Japanese is because lrs2lrf.exe is written in Japanese. Might have been written for the Librie. What you can try is if you have Book Designer, take the LRS file and run it though MSH_LRSParser.exe which is in C:\Program Files\Book Designer\Tools\Reader\

Jon
thank you..
but I dont have the canon Book Designer

I got that error,and nothing had been converted....only got a very small size file which is consist of several blank pages
nidecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:45 AM   #150
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidecta View Post
thank you..
but I dont have the canon Book Designer

I got that error,and nothing had been converted....only got a very small size file which is consist of several blank pages
Does the PDF have a TOC in asian languages? if yes, that might be the problem.

Sent the PDF to me, and I'll see if I can do something about it.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote