Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
ppearce
ppearce began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Squeaky Case? No Problem with Amazon CS

Received my K3 about 2 weeks ago. Began noticing a squeaking or cracking sound when I grasped the device with my right hand and pressed the Home, Aa, or Back buttons. The back case didn't fit exactly right at just that inch or so of real estate.
Yesterday I contacted Amazon Customer Service and received a call back in a few minutes. Explained problem. New K3 received this morning via FedEx.
Return address with prepaid postage sticker sent to me by email. I just put the old one in the box, affix sticker, take to Post Office or hand to carrier, and that's that. All books downloaded from Amazon were then downloaded to the new K3.
No problems.
THAT is Customer Service.

Last edited by ppearce; 09-25-2010 at 11:11 AM.
ppearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppearce View Post
Received my K3 about 2 weeks ago. Began noticing a squeaking or cracking sound when I grasped the device with my right hand and pressed the Home, Aa, or Back buttons. The back case didn't fit exactly right at just that inch or so of real estate.
Yesterday I contacted Amazon Customer Service and received a call back in a few minutes. Explained problem. New K3 received this morning via FedEx.
Return address with prepaid postage sticker sent to me by email. I just put the old one in the box, affix sticker, take to Post Office or hand to carrier, and that's that. All books downloaded from Amazon were then downloaded to the new K3.
No problems.
THAT is Customer Service.
Another happy Amazon customer. Amazon CS rocks!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Ouch! That hurt my eyes.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #4
ppearce
ppearce began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Sorry, hurt mine too.
Kowabunga.
ppearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert