Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2009, 08:24 AM   #1
ahahmed
ahahmed began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Issues using both Adobe ePub and eBook

I am checking out documents from Cleveland public library.
There's a mix of both ePub and eBook formats from Adobe, but I can only get one at a time to work on the reader.

As soon as I check-out a book with a different format and sync it to my device, all of the other file types stop working! I get an error on the reader called Protected Page!

I've tried both the eBook Library software and Adobe Digital Editions software. Both have the same issues.
Sony tech support chat was pretty useless (did you update your reader's firmware?).

HELP!
ahahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
There seems to be a bug in the system, that has been previously reported, that you can't have both ePub and pdf library borrowed ebooks on the reader at the same time. The only solution, to date, is to remove either all of the ePubs or all of the pdfs from the reader and try again.

Has anyone else found an alternative solution?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
tench
Connoisseur
tench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Has anyone else found an alternative solution?
You could remove the DRM. There was also some discussion at some point about whether or not putting epubs on a memory card and pdfs on the reader itself (or vice versa) would solve the problem, but I'm not sure if anyone actually tried that.
tench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #4
ahahmed
ahahmed began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
It's always good to get confirmation!
I was racking my brains all day yesterday and getting no where.

I will definitely be harassing Sony about this and hopefully next version of the firmware / eBook Library software will fix this issue.

Thanks for your reply
ahahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahahmed View Post
It's always good to get confirmation!
I was racking my brains all day yesterday and getting no where.

I will definitely be harassing Sony about this and hopefully next version of the firmware / eBook Library software will fix this issue.

Thanks for your reply
There are several threads on this subject. The following example thread seems to lay the blame on Overdrive (library lending software) and/or ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) for the problem.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ary#post549657
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
ebook, epub