Notices

Old 11-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Progress not updating automatically

Hi all.

I have configured the Marvin HD plugin in calibre so that the Progress stats from Marvin go into the Progress column in calibre.

I have been testing this and have, perhaps, found a bug?

I chose one book (No Trace) and moved the page slider on my iPad so that it showed 3%. (This is immediately after a fresh install of all my books from calibre to Marvin.)

I then connected Marvin to calibre, clicked on the Marvin XD icon and the Marvin Library window appears. I click on the button at the bottom "Refresh Notes, Progress, Word Count" and nothing changes in the Progress column in calibre.

However, if I find the book in the Marvin Library window, and right click on the progress column, I get an option to "Apply to Progress Column". The 3% then appears in the Progress column in calibre.

I thought that this would be an automatic thing, no? Do I have an incorrect preference? Is this the way it is supposed to work?

Perhaps an upcoming feature?
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Refresh custom columns button applies to the currently selected (highlighted) row(s), not all books in the MXD window. Select the books you wish to update in calibre, then click the Refresh button.

Also, is the Progress column visible in the MXD window? If not, enable it to be visible.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 11-13-2013 at 11:12 AM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
The Refresh custom columns button applies to the currently selected (highlighted) row(s), not all books in the MXD window. Select the books you wish to update in calibre, then click the Refresh button.

Also, is the Progress column visible in the MXD window? If not, enable it to be visible.

G
That did the trick. I selected all the books in the MXD window and pressed the Refresh button.

Which leads me to ask: can this be automated? For example, I have over 1000 novels in Marvin now. Using this method, I have to remember which ones I have read a little bit more of, select them, then refresh.

While Marvin is performing its "metadata magic" can it be told to update the metadata automatically? I just think it would be a neater way of doing the refresh.

[I suppose I could sort on the Last read column and select and refresh]

Thanks for your help.
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakkalla View Post
That did the trick. I selected all the books in the MXD window and pressed the Refresh button.

Which leads me to ask: can this be automated? For example, I have over 1000 novels in Marvin now. Using this method, I have to remember which ones I have read a little bit more of, select them, then refresh.

While Marvin is performing its "metadata magic" can it be told to update the metadata automatically? I just think it would be a neater way of doing the refresh.

[I suppose I could sort on the Last read column and select and refresh]

Thanks for your help.
An option to automatically update custom columns upon opening MXD is a feature scheduled for version 1.1 of the plugin, currently under development. I expect to release it in within the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, your idea of sorting on Last read is the best approach.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvin, progress