Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
dafkah
dafkah began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
How to autofit images on Calibre

Hi wonderful people! I'm new here. I'm sure the information is here somewhere, I just haven't found it yet.

I have portrait (not landscape) images I wish to be visible on the entire screen of all devices. I understand there's some coding I can add to force it to fit the screen. Something like "maxheight = 100%"?

What's the exact code and where do I type it in?

Currently, I take a word doc, convert it to html, zip the html file, use Calibre to convert the zip file to ePub, but either the images cut off at the bottom and the rest of the image appears at the top of the next page, or the image is too wide and gets cut off on the side (though proportionally it looks right).

What code do I need to add and where do I type it in?

Thanks so much!
dafkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:16 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Moderator Notice
The thread you posted to is 4 years old. I moved your post to its own thread for further discussion.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
dafkah
dafkah began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Thanks for repositioning my post! Any ideas on how to format an image in Calibre so that the image takes up the whole page without being cut off?
dafkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafkah View Post
Thanks for repositioning my post! Any ideas on how to format an image in Calibre so that the image takes up the whole page without being cut off?
If the document is all images maybe converting to to CBZ would be a better solution. Or converting to CBZ then to ePub?

For conversion straight to ePub I'm not sure how. You may be able to do it in Sigil by modifying the code calibre uses to wrap images for the cover page. I grabbed the below example from a random book from my library.

Code:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" height="100%" preserveAspectRatio="none" version="1.1" viewBox="0 0 563 751" width="100%" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">       <image height="751" width="563" xlink:href="../Images/cover.jpeg"></image>
     </svg>
The above does not preserve the aspect ratio.

The code below does preserve the aspect ratio.

Code:
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" height="100%" preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid meet" version="1.1" viewBox="0 0 563 751" width="100%" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">       <image height="751" width="563" xlink:href="../Images/cover1.jpeg"></image>
     </svg>
Maybe someone will chime in with real experience.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote