Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
Igtenio
Igtenio began at the beginning.

Device: Original Nook
Epub Catalog has left edge missing

I've spent a few days searching for a solution to this, and can't find anything, so here's to hoping it's not the one thing I missed. :P

I'm attempting to make a calibre catalog to carry on my Nook, and I'm having the exact same error each time in the actual formatting. I go to the catalog screen, choose epub as the format and name it Appendix. In the E-book options, I pick for it to include Author, Title, and Series, and leave the rest as the default.

When it generates, every page has the first few characters missing from the side of each line. For instance, the Authors section starts with;

Code:
   Ben Aaronovitch
Moon over Soho
Rivers of London
   Edwin A. Abbott
Flatland
   Dan Abnett
Eisenhorn Omnibus
Ravenor Omnibus
The way it displays, however, is like this;

Code:
 Ben Aaronovitch
oon over Soho
vers of London
 Edwin A. Abbott
atland
 Dan Abnett
senhorn Omnibus
venor Omnibus
Regardless of how the window is adjusted. If I go into Sigil and look into the epub on code view, the entire thing is there, it's just formatted with some of it pushed over the left edge. I even tried deleting the margin code on the top of the page, and still got nothing.

Any ideas? I've attached the catalog that calibre generates, if you have any ideas.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Appendix - calibre.epub (184.5 KB, 365 views)
Igtenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igtenio View Post
I've spent a few days searching for a solution to this, and can't find anything, so here's to hoping it's not the one thing I missed. :P

I'm attempting to make a calibre catalog to carry on my Nook, and I'm having the exact same error each time in the actual formatting. I go to the catalog screen, choose epub as the format and name it Appendix. In the E-book options, I pick for it to include Author, Title, and Series, and leave the rest as the default.

When it generates, every page has the first few characters missing from the side of each line. For instance, the Authors section starts with;

Code:
   Ben Aaronovitch
Moon over Soho
Rivers of London
   Edwin A. Abbott
Flatland
   Dan Abnett
Eisenhorn Omnibus
Ravenor Omnibus
The way it displays, however, is like this;

Code:
 Ben Aaronovitch
oon over Soho
vers of London
 Edwin A. Abbott
atland
 Dan Abnett
senhorn Omnibus
venor Omnibus
Regardless of how the window is adjusted. If I go into Sigil and look into the epub on code view, the entire thing is there, it's just formatted with some of it pushed over the left edge. I even tried deleting the margin code on the top of the page, and still got nothing.

Any ideas? I've attached the catalog that calibre generates, if you have any ideas.
The problem is the catalog appears to expect margins
The line being cropped is covered by
Code:
.unreadbook {
    display: block;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    margin-top: 0;
    text-align: left;
    text-indent: -2em
    }
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Increase your margin setting in the Nook. I'm guessing the Nook is overriding the margins specified in the epub.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Increase your margin setting in the Nook. I'm guessing the Nook is overriding the margins specified in the epub.
I've never tried it on my Sony, but calibre's viewer has the same issue and as theducks says I just delete the offending margin code.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah in that case this is probably caused by the remove fake margins code, I've turned that off for catalog generation.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote