Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #136
qdlaty
qdlaty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Asus Transformer
Another fantastic feature I wish to see would be a PDF passwords manager.
I've plenty of files that are password protected before opening and I need to keep the list of passes always somewhere near.
qdlaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:16 AM   #137
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
@qdlaty: Just to chime. Think it should be doable but you have to take into consideration of the security concerns to store the passwords on the device...? If it's implemented, there needs to be a clear warning about this.

Cheers.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:17 AM   #138
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyukfai View Post
Just built a .pdf ebook based on the techniques from diybookscanner.org. The content is viewable under Acrobat Reader; Partially under Adobe Digital Editions and ezPDF; But totally unviewable under Mantano.

Any idea...?

Cheers.

P.S. The pictures are in the JPEG2000 format.

Edit2: After changing the black/white content to JBIG2 format, they're showing up now. The colour/greyscale content are still missing through.
Hi, any news with regard to this...?

Cheers.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:21 AM   #139
savethebutterfly
Nameless Being

Unfortunately, I have been too busy lately so my wishlist is rather short.

I will add my vote to having a good offline dictionary, as I need this and am not always connected to the Internet. As mentioned by others, perhaps the best solution would be to add the ability to use an external dictionary, so everyone can choose the one they like or need.

Two things I would like to see implemented at some point are continuous text scrolling and the ability to create folders, instead of just having tags, within the file manager. I have many books and I like to separate them into folders according to the topic.

Otherwise, I am enjoying my Mantano Reader very much and recommend it to people on other forums.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #140
qdlaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyukfai View Post
@qdlaty: Just to chime. Think it should be doable but you have to take into consideration of the security concerns to store the passwords on the device...? If it's implemented, there needs to be a clear warning about this.

Cheers.
I believe the PDF's passwords are less sensitive than the passwords we store anyway on the tablet for our Google account or many webpages in our browsers.

Eventually you could have it like KDE is doing through KWallet - it keeps all your passwords and you have to give master password to unlock it.

Nevertheless, I can tell, I'm using Mantano Reader in 90% of my PDFs.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #141
qdlaty

OK, now it's time for small bug that follows specific combo of settings.

I have two TTS engines IVONA and SVOX. For IVONA I've American English voice installed, for SVOX - UK English one.
If the system's language is set to English (United States) and Ivona is chosen Mantano runs the TTS without problems. If I change the TTS engine in settings and chose SVOX with British voice (while keeping the global text settings to USA) Mantano tells me that the language for TTS is not installed and then crashes the settings process and returns to the first screen (with PDF list).
Old 07-24-2011, 11:23 PM   #142
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Updates?

It has been some time since we last heard from the Mantano folks. I'm still waiting for a new version that fixes some of the display issues that I brought up when running on a tablet. The extra features like dictionary are desirable, but they can come later. I still want to see a fully functional and useful tablet version that I can trial before purchase. I'm not ready to spend money until I know the program is usable to me. As nice as the program is, I won't buy the current version with its flaws.

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #143
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by qdlaty View Post
OK, now it's time for small bug that follows specific combo of settings.

I have two TTS engines IVONA and SVOX. For IVONA I've American English voice installed, for SVOX - UK English one.
If the system's language is set to English (United States) and Ivona is chosen Mantano runs the TTS without problems. If I change the TTS engine in settings and chose SVOX with British voice (while keeping the global text settings to USA) Mantano tells me that the language for TTS is not installed and then crashes the settings process and returns to the first screen (with PDF list).

Why do you consider that to be a bug? I think that behaviour is reasonable.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #144
qdlaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
Why do you consider that to be a bug? I think that behaviour is reasonable.
The bug is between the reader and settings.
When "wrong" language is chosen (system text settings vs TTS) Mantano is trying to open Text-To-Speech preferences and this somehow is done wrong because it crashes.

I could discuss if having a British Language set in TTS and American English in preferences is a reason to claim that wrong language is installed. But the key part is the force close bug of calling the system settings.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:44 AM   #145
Karina
Enthusiast
Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Archos 101, Acer Iconia A500, HTC Incredible S...
Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
It has been some time since we last heard from the Mantano folks. I'm still waiting for a new version that fixes some of the display issues that I brought up when running on a tablet. The extra features like dictionary are desirable, but they can come later. I still want to see a fully functional and useful tablet version that I can trial before purchase. I'm not ready to spend money until I know the program is usable to me. As nice as the program is, I won't buy the current version with its flaws.

Joe
Sorry for the late reply, we are currently busy preparing the next release, which will be out tomorrow! Amongst many improvements, this release will fix the display issues on tablets and add support for the ColorDict dictionary which appeared to be popular. I hope this will convince you to purchase the app :-)

I see I will have many, many posts to answer: I finish reviewing the release, and I will be back for more news as soon as it is out!

Cheers,

Karina
Karina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:18 AM   #146
linux_author
Connoisseur
linux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Nook Touch, N800
from the first post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmolch View Post
Page Not Found?
linux_author is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #147
Karina
Enthusiast
Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Archos 101, Acer Iconia A500, HTC Incredible S...
Our website has just been completely refactored, and is currently only available in English. The new URL for the Reader application is now:
http://www.mantano.com/products/mant...roid/overview/

Cheers,
Karina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #148
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_author View Post
from the first post:

Page Not Found?
They've updated the site, try: http://www.mantano.com/products/mant...roid/overview/
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #149
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karina View Post
Our website has just been completely refactored, and is currently only available in English. The new URL for the Reader application is now:
http://www.mantano.com/products/mant...roid/overview/

Cheers,
You beat me to it by seconds!

Your site looks much nicer now and alot easier to find the support forum.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #150
Carl314
Enthusiast
Carl314 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Motorola Droid with Aldiko
Searched this thread, but didn't see an answer - does mantano support OPDS?

Cheers, Carl.
Carl314 is offline   Reply With Quote