Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Lighting turning itself off?

Hey guys, so I've owned my KG for a little over a week and had very little problems with it until last night. I woke my Kobo from sleep (the light was on), then a little later (a minute or two?) the light turned itself off. Thought it was odd but just turned it back on, and a minute or so later, went off again. The auto-off time was set to 15 or 30 minutes for the light, but as I had just turned it on (both times), that surely wasn't the issue.

Now, granted, this only happened those two times (and in quick succession no less), but since my Chapters return period ends soonish, I was wondering if other people have experienced this.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokobe View Post
Hey guys, so I've owned my KG for a little over a week and had very little problems with it until last night. I woke my Kobo from sleep (the light was on), then a little later (a minute or two?) the light turned itself off. Thought it was odd but just turned it back on, and a minute or so later, went off again. The auto-off time was set to 15 or 30 minutes for the light, but as I had just turned it on (both times), that surely wasn't the issue.

Now, granted, this only happened those two times (and in quick succession no less), but since my Chapters return period ends soonish, I was wondering if other people have experienced this.
How charged is the battery? It might be a battery saving thing.

As for returning it, well I think we should be less patient with buggy devices, and just return them straight away. Lot's of returns would send a good signal to the manufacturers not to sell faulty/buggy devices.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Was it near a magnet? I often put mine on top of my iPad with a smart cover, and had to turn off the automatic sleepcover on the Kobo option because it would turn itself on or off.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Battery was very close to 100%, I was in bed, so no magnets other than the one I put in my KT cover to transform it to a sleepcover, but it was just the light going off, the device itself did not go to sleep.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #5
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
I've read quite a few books so far and haven't seen that behavior, and I have been using the light All the time (I couldn't go back to the touch except maybe outside on a sunny day now)
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert