Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
jimmythesaint
jimmythesaint began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Cannot get book ratings - tried every plugin alone and in combo

No matter what combo of plugins for "metadata download" I try, I cannot get book ratings to appear. I have am using very popular stephen king books as tests. Amazon, Google and others definitely have hundreds, if not thousands, of ratings for these titles. Also, editing individually only displays one possibility, so it is not an obscure ISDN.

What can I do, if anything, to correct this?

Tags are showing up fine.

Oh, I used v. 0.7.48 and 0.7.36 with the same behavior

Last edited by jimmythesaint; 03-11-2011 at 01:11 PM.
jimmythesaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
jimmythesaint
jimmythesaint began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
bump!!

Nobody else is having this issue?

Is there a way to trace what is going wrong? Debug mode shows nothing relating to these plugins. I installed an older version of calibre in a VM and found that only one plugin worked, but it has been removed (can't think of what it was at the moment).
jimmythesaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont think there are any plugins that get ratings right now. The Amazon one might, but since it relies on scraping the webpage, it could easily be broken.

Use the fetch-ebook-metadata command to debug the overall process and

calibre-debug -e /path/to/indicudual/plugin.py

to debug individual plugins.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Or you could try the Goodreads metadata download plugin, which is working with ratings.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote