Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
cooltwou
Enthusiast
cooltwou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
need help with Caliber Version 0.9.26 with Google Nexus 7

I am trying to get this work so I can send the books to my Google nexus 7 so I can send the books that are in the Caliber library to my friends Kindle anybody know how I can do this because the Caliber is not detecting my Google Nexus 7 with a USB cable hooked to a laptop
cooltwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Make sure the Nexus is connecting in MTP mode and NOT disk mode.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
cooltwou
Enthusiast

how do i do that
Old 04-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
cooltwou
Enthusiast

it says it is connected as Media Device(MTP) but the Caliber program dose not detect it as a device at all
Old 04-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What O/S is on your PC?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
cooltwou
Enthusiast

Windows XP
Old 04-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Thats the problem.... please search for threads here dealing with MTP and XP. Shoret answer is it's not supported.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #8
cooltwou
Enthusiast

The Calibre program Version 0.9.26 does not detect my Google Nexus 7 i have the MTP on & the version of windows i have is XP on the laptop the books are on & the software version for the nexus 7 is 4.2.2 what could be the problem
Old 04-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltwou View Post
The Calibre program Version 0.9.26 does not detect my Google Nexus 7 i have the MTP on & the version of windows i have is XP on the laptop the books are on & the software version for the nexus 7 is 4.2.2 what could be the problem
XP is the problem. The MTP interface calibre uses was unreliable on XP and was disabled. Get a modern OS

Hint: Calibre Companion works well on Android devices. Cheap
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #10
cooltwou
Enthusiast

I can't get a current os because the laptop has no disc drive at all
Old 04-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
cooltwou
Enthusiast

If the MTP doesn't work for Windows XP should I load the books on to a USB flash drive & put them on the computer that has Windows 8
Old 04-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #12
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I can't get a current os because the laptop has no disc drive at all
There are means to install from a USB drive but just look for calibre companion in the play store. This will let you connect via Wi-Fi between the nexus and the pc with calibre on it
Old 04-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #13
cooltwou
Enthusiast

I seen you had to buy that app & I am not going to use it but one time why would I be that app for
Old 04-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #14
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
I seen you had to buy that app & I am not going to use it but one time why would I be that app for
You can use the save to disk to save the files in a folder on your laptop then move them manually to your nexus 7. No need to copy to another laptop.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I'm not sure if I understand why you need to send the books to your Nexus prior to sending them to a friend's Kindle...