Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-30-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Free 2-day express shipping on the Reader

SonyStyle is currently offering a free 2-days express shipping if you purchase the Reader through their webstore. It says the offer will expire on Thursday.

Link: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2450515-10477981
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
good deal

They have free shipping every week it appears, but just not with orders made in the weekend. Depends.

One word of warning and I mean a REAL warning. Make sure you put down the correct address and zip code if you have it delivered. If you don't and you call FedEx to correct it Fedex will ship it back to Sony, thus delaying your package. It was horrible and it took me a week to get something that should have taken 3 days. I had to make a bunch of calls too to get it straightened out.

If you get your Reader engraved it does add a day to the travel time.
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:18 PM   #3
tidixon
Enthusiast
tidixon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
also, I *think* that shipping charges are not refunded if you find that within 30 days you are not happy with the reader and wish to return it. If you are not sure about whether or not you will keep the reader, you might be safer selecting the least cost shipping option.
tidixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:08 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
if you have it engraved, you cannot return it. I don't know if you could do a defective exchanged or it has to go for repair. So my advice is not to have it engraved.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
if you have it engraved, you cannot return it. I don't know if you could do a defective exchanged or it has to go for repair. So my advice is not to have it engraved.
It also makes it virtually ensellable, 2nd hand.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:11 PM   #6
JeffB
JeffB began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I purchased a 505 reader through Sony Connect Sunday evening, and all shipping options showed up as "free," not just the two-day option.

I selected the one day option to see if they'd do that, and it shipped on Tuesday and is scheduled to arrive at my work on Wednesday. Unfortunately, I'm not there to get it so I won't have it until tomorrow!

I did verify via FedEx that is was delivered at 9:30 this morning.
JeffB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:40 PM   #7
nathantw
Zealot

Quote:
I found out today that if the unit is defective they will replace it.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Will they re-engrave it as well if you do a defective exchange?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:00 AM   #9
nathantw
Zealot

Quote:
Will they re-engrave it as well if you do a defective exchange?
They were going to re-engrave mine, so yes.