Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-17-2010, 01:08 AM   #1
mwlcarter
Connoisseur
mwlcarter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Anyone's blue button wearing out/noisy?

My blue button used to only make the noise of the switches underneath being pressed.

Now, it's almost like the blue plastic has stretched, and if I lightly tap my finger on the blue button (not actually pressing the button), the button makes kind of an irritating sound that's hard to describe, but irritating in the quiet environments where I usually read.

Kind of wondering whether it's something that'll start to happen with all the Kobo's, and whether it's significant enough to bother trying to exchange under warranty (and if it's something they'd agree to exchange under warranty for).
mwlcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:02 AM   #2
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Please initiate contact with one of the Kobo reps here via private messaging. Or go to Kobo corporate's Web site and start a dialog. THEY are the only ones who are the "decision makers" for your situation. And please report back on (a) continuing symptoms and (b) how Kobo responds!

Last edited by clintbradford; 07-17-2010 at 04:50 PM.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
pileobunnies
pileobunnies began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Mine does the same thing, as if the blue button has slightly come away from whatever lies beneath but there's an odd tackiness making the noise whenever it's pressed. And yes, it's annoying.
pileobunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:34 AM   #4
mwlcarter
Connoisseur
mwlcarter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Tacky is exactly how I describe the noise. It's like the adhesive holding the plastic down on the blue button has come away.
mwlcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:47 AM   #5
techie42
Zealot
techie42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KOBO and iPad
After reading 22 books my blue button works fine but it looks a little depressed to the right side.
techie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert