Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
hernad
hernad began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco Jet Book
I need a reader to take notes

Hello everyone, I need a reader to take notes. I had thought of a Kindle 2 or Iriver Story. Hanvon Now I'm using the N518 with touch screen. But it is very slow. He had also thought of an iPod Touch or Archos 5 Android. A Netbook can not be, because I need more battery. What do you think? What do you recommend me?

Greetings and thanks.
hernad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I've been mulling this sort of thing as well.

Is the Hanvon N518 the same as the Onyx Boox 60 / BeBook Neo? I'd thought I'd read that somewhere, but the Hanvon site shows them as quite different.

Bummer if so, 'cause that had been one of my considerations --- the only other reader which seems to afford a real facility for note-taking would be the Sony PRS-600 (and it has no handwriting recognition, getting at the notes and annotation requires a Python Script or 3rd party tool, and it's a touch display, so works on pressure --- no Wacom stylus like the Onyx / Neo).
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
hernad
hernad began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco Jet Book
The Hanvon N518 is almost equal to the models you mention, the only thing that brings handwriting recognition and onscreen keyboard (like the PDA). The problem with touch screen reader is that they are very, very slow, so he had thought about the Iriver Story, I guess that having keyboard will be faster.
hernad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I'm holding out for a Microsoft Courier; either to be declared vaporware, or a release date announced.

If it turns out to be vaporware, well, then I'll keep looking.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Would a netbook possibly meet your needs better? If I was doing any serious note-taking, I would want a real keyboard, even a small one, rather than the Kindle's thumb-keyboard, or any of the various on-screen ones.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Or perhaps a Tablet PC w/ extended battery? I'm getting well over 6 hrs. w/ the extended battery on my Fujitsu Stylistic ST-4121.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote