Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #31
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
can the one on the right attach just to your kindle without a cover?
No, and that's a big disavantage, I think. It has to be used inside a cover, as it slides under it, or between Kindle and cover.
It folds up better than the Mighty Flex, but isn't as beautiful.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #32
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
Hi,
I'm new to the Kindle and the forum.
I really wanted a light that would go together with a cover but didn't want the Kindle3 cover with the built in light because I heard that the light drew power from the Kindle and also that it did not disperse enough to reach the bottom of the page.
I did some research and finally decided on the M-edge Eluminator2 and M-edge Capital cover. I got them yesterday and they go perfectly together. The light slots into the cover and swivels up when you want to use it. It takes one AAA battery and covers the whole page - I am really pleased.
I also have M-edge cover (red executive) with the light.
I'm very pleased as well.

I decided against the lighted cover because of the hinges
and the light drawing power from kindle.

Didn't think I'd like the 4 strap system but it's grown on me.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #33
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbFabGab View Post
I also have M-edge cover (red executive) with the light.
I'm very pleased as well.

I decided against the lighted cover because of the hinges
and the light drawing power from kindle.

Didn't think I'd like the 4 strap system but it's grown on me.
I picked up an M-edge Trip case today from Best Buy. I liked the smaller profile. But, I was very tempted by the red Executive they had there. I have 30 days to return if I decide I want the Executive. Don't know if I would really use the light.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:19 PM   #34
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The Kandle is turning out to be a nice clip on light for my netbook!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:39 PM   #35
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
Hi,
I'm new to the Kindle and the forum.
I really wanted a light that would go together with a cover but didn't want the Kindle3 cover with the built in light because I heard that the light drew power from the Kindle and also that it did not disperse enough to reach the bottom of the page.
I did some research and finally decided on the M-edge Eluminator2 and M-edge Capital cover. I got them yesterday and they go perfectly together. The light slots into the cover and swivels up when you want to use it. It takes one AAA battery and covers the whole page - I am really pleased.
I found the price, ouch, I am trying to keep it cheap. I am getting a Kindle next week and need to get a cover so I can attach a light. Thanks.

Last edited by new; 12-30-2010 at 11:47 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 11:46 PM   #36
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I've got the Mighty Bright Extra Flex (3 batteries) black, which I love for its sleek design. On the left.
Also the fold up Mighty Bright. Looks a bit cheaper, but good all the same, for travel. Adjustable and retractable ' head'.
Both can stand alone on a night table.
Can you aim the mighty bright foldable light? How do you attach it, does it slide and attach to you cover without damaging anything?

I have a mighty bright goose neck and they lose their flexibility after a while
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #37
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Can you aim the mighty bright foldable light? How do you attach it, does it slide and attach to you cover without damaging anything?

I have a mighty bright goose neck and they lose their flexibility after a while
You just slide it between the cover and Kindle. It is not attached to anything (and that's perhaps the disavantage) and yes, you can aim the light by pulling out its ' head' and turn that from left to right.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #38
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
this has been the best light I have found so far. I've lost it, but will eventually replace it. it's not as clunky as it looks and the arm is very flexible. <snip>
This is the light I currently have; it does illuminate the page quite well but I find that it sort of throws the balance of the Kindle off a bit. I don't know why this is, because it really isn't that heavy. Maybe it's just me, a bit off-balance myself. It is also a bit awkward to carry about for mobile use because of the long flex neck - I am worried about it getting ruined when I have it in the bag I carry my Kindle in. I also had it turn on at least once while it was in my carry bag - the switch is unprotected and any light pressure will cause it to activate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpunkDad View Post
The Octovo Solis Kindle light for the latest generation Kindle 3 is in my opinion the perfect light. It's lightweight, sleek looking and powered by a single AA battery. This is important to me. It provides even lighting for the entire page.

Product link.

This is the light I would like to get. Very nice looking, easily and safely stored for carrying about outside of the home, and it lights up the screen very well. The thumbnail below shows the Octovo Solis "in action."

Holly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	41iHSvLEzvL.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	63989  

Last edited by OakIris; 01-02-2011 at 12:54 PM.
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:55 PM   #39
Naro
Naro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
This is the light I would like to get. Very nice looking, easily and safely stored for carrying about outside of the home, and it lights up the screen very well. The thumbnail below shows the Octovo Solis "in action."

Holly
I have this one and it's been pretty good so far. I can clip it on while keeping my case on and it lights the entire page without being too bright on top.
Naro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #40
medievalpacman
medievalpacman began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Clip-Re...pr_product_top

This is actually a pretty good light. It is kinda loose but hella bright. You can clip it on top or on the side of the kindle. The light has two modes and could move around easily at ease so it can be used as a flashlight. Very easy to carry on.

The reason I find this light good because it seems versatile for future e-readers to come.
medievalpacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #41
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
That Solis looks interesting. There were 7 reviews on Amazon and as usual, so varied as to be useless. There was one review that implied it didn't fit very tightly on the kindle.

I wonder if there's much glare and how long one battery lasts?
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:15 AM   #42
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I think lights are maybe one of the most frustrating things to have to deal with
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:20 AM   #43
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I have a M-Edge e-Luminator Kindle Booklight for those times when I use a book light and it works really well with my Oberon Kindle 2 and Kindle 3 covers. The one I have is currently out of stock, and Amazon doesn't know when they will be available. However, this one, which appears identical in the photograph as far as I can tell to mine, is in stock, and I imagine would do the job just as well. A big plus is that it only uses one AAA cell for power, thus greatly reducing the overall weight.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-06-2011 at 05:23 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #44
WalkingDistance
Connoisseur
WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle 3
i have a kandle (http://www.amazon.com/Kandle-Designe.../dp/B0031116K8).

It lights up the top of the kindle really well and diminishes towards the bottom (like every light). It bothered me a little but eventually I got used to it and it's not that big of a deal anymore.
For me, it's not so good when you're borderline (between needing artificial light or natural sunlight).
But when it's very dark, the kandle is very good. Also, The Kandle is very portable. It just folds up and you can leave it in your pocket or something.
WalkingDistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #45
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
the reasons I don't like the kandle are that the switch is very, uhhh loose I guess I would call it, I had one in its carry case in my purse and it turned itself on, it takes 3 of those round batteries which are difficult to find, the battery life is relatively low, it says 12 hours, and you have to remove tiny eyeglass sized screws to get to the battery compartment, which means you need to keep track of a screwdriver on top of everything else
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle light cover