Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
LaFlamme
LaFlamme began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Maine author

And we're off. Another forum, another introduction. Like every other author on the planet, I'm trying to maintain a presence on boards like these. You'd think I'd get around to copying and pasting a brief info, but I hate to do it. Feels like using the same pickup line over and over in a bar.

My name is Mark LaFlamme. I'm a crime reporter and columnist at the Sun Journal in Lewiston, Maine. I'm also the author of five books – three novels, a novelette and the most recent, a short story collection called "Box of Lies."

Box just went to ebook format, including Kindle. It's a great book, 27 short twisted short stories. Men and women forced to march for their daily bread. A professor who discovers we all may be works of fiction. Cannibals hanging out over pitchers of beer, a school full of insane children, and a crazy lady who frets over pennies on the sidewalk. It's easy to plug "Box of Lies" in places like this. It's really just crammed with good stuff. I don't feel like a con man coming here and telling you so.

I used to consider the ebook world only in a vague way. That was then. This is now. And now, I'm stoked. Instead of offering up my books as $15.95 paperbacks – and not a cent lower – suddenly I'm virtually giving them away. The world of potential readers just got a little bigger. It's a whole new way to market, a whole new everything. I dig it.

Anyway, that's my piece. I'll be hanging around and seeing what's what. I hope anyone who has thoughts, questions or mindless rants will look me up. All of my stuff is at www.marklaflamme.com. I hope you'll wander by.
LaFlamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Welcome!

Nice pricing on the ebook.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:55 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, La Flamme. Best of luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:00 AM   #4
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hi! Welcome to the MobileRead forums!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to MobileRead.

You might want to dance on over to the "Introduce Yourself" Forum and....well, introduce yourself.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-10-2010 at 06:36 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hello LaFlamme,

I tend to write books all based in Maine (except for my one Hawaiian novel which was probably a result of too many mai tais), so I'm happy to see you here and welcome you aboard!

Maureen
MaMiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, kindle, maine, short stories