Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
PageLab
Connoisseur
PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, iPad, Nook, Kobo, Positivo Alfa
Adobe Digital Editions update (2.0)

Adobe has upgraded it's eBook reading software. Now it's a native app. Unfortunately, no support for EPUB3 yet, but this version does add support for the B&N DRM scheme.

Download page: http://www.adobe.com/products/digita.../download.html

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-26-2012 at 05:38 PM.
PageLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by PageLab View Post
Adobe has upgraded it's eBook reading software. Now it's a native app. Unfortunatelly, no support for EPUB3 yet... Download page: http://www.adobe.com/products/digita.../download.html
This version adds support for the B&N DRM.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
B&N DRM support has been in the Preview versions of ADE for awhile (these have all been native apps as well). There is some ePub3 support, at least with regards to vertical text modes (for Asian scripts).

I see that Sony PRS-T1 is on the 'supported devices' list. Very interesting, I'll have to try that.

[UPDATE:] Nope, PRS-T1 is not detected (on Mac OS anyway).

Last edited by tomsem; 09-21-2012 at 01:26 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
B&N DRM support has been in the Preview versions of ADE for awhile (these have all been native apps as well). There is some ePub3 support, at least with regards to vertical text modes (for Asian scripts).

I see that Sony PRS-T1 is on the 'supported devices' list. Very interesting, I'll have to try that.

[UPDATE:] Nope, PRS-T1 is not detected (on Mac OS anyway).
After I installed it the Nook app for Mac was deleted along with the Preview version of ADE. Did it do that to you too?

I used it to download my Nookbooks to the computer so I could load them into the ADE library. I don't like having everything in the cloud.

Last edited by 6charlong; 09-21-2012 at 06:16 PM.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
Jane12
Groupie
Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iDevices
One nice thing about ADE 2.0 is it's easy to add custom fonts and tweak the CSS to your liking -- at least on Macs, don't know about PCs. Jim Lester pointed this out in the ADE 1.8 Preview thread, and it works with ADE 2.0 as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
... If you do a "Show Package Contents" and look in the Resources/rmsdk_resources directory you find a userStyle.css (which right now just contains an empty body element) along with a fonts directory and a hyphendict directory ...

Last edited by Jane12; 09-22-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Jane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Jane12
Groupie
Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iDevices
Quote:
B&N DRM support has been in the Preview versions of ADE for awhile ... Nope, PRS-T1 is not detected (on Mac OS anyway).
Bummers. I was hoping it'd be possible to use the new ADE to transfer B&N books to the PRS T1/T2. Wonder if it'll work with the Kobo Glo.

Last edited by Jane12; 09-22-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Jane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Is the update mandatory yet?

Anyone try it on Wine yet? I know some of the dev releases were broken due to components that wouldn't work under Wine.

Also curious if it works with the apprentice tools. (I know we really can't talk about that, just stating my curiosity.)
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Anyone getting an error while trying to authorize under Windows? Getting an E_AUTH_NOT_READY when I try
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:14 AM   #9
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Peter, I had the same error, so I uninstalled it.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:55 AM   #10
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Is the update mandatory yet?

<snip!>

Also curious if it works with the apprentice tools. (I know we really can't talk about that, just stating my curiosity.)
I used ADE this evening and it didn't ask/force me to update...yet.

And I'm curious, too, about whether this breaks any tools, which was one reason why I didn't even consider installing it yet.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
After I installed it the Nook app for Mac was deleted along with the Preview version of ADE. Did it do that to you too?

I used it to download my Nookbooks to the computer so I could load them into the ADE library. I don't like having everything in the cloud.
Preview is gone, but Nook for Mac is still there. The latter didn't launch properly the first time, but seems okay since.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I used ADE this evening and it didn't ask/force me to update...yet.

And I'm curious, too, about whether this breaks any tools, which was one reason why I didn't even consider installing it yet.
I don't know but I doubt that it does. I haven't updated either since the last non beta version still works.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
It doesn't look like they've changed anything, but I haven't bought a new book since updating, only checked that the tools still work on books previously downloaded.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #14
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Preview is gone, but Nook for Mac is still there. The latter didn't launch properly the first time, but seems okay since.
Thanks for looking. It looks like I don't need it anymore. (I installed it before the Preview Version to handle Nook books.)
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #15
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
Thanks for looking. It looks like I don't need it anymore. (I installed it before the Preview Version to handle Nook books.)
If you want to read library books on Nook, you still need ADE or equivalent to move them over.