Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
renzii
Librarian/Reader/Student
renzii began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 6th Gen
Question Update downloads

I guess I feel a bit silly asking this, but because of space limits on my system, I actually do need to know... when I download an update, should I remove the older version? I have about a dozen of them now, but I'm scared to shred them since I don't know if that will also delete my books.

Thanks in advance for any help!
renzii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you update calibre, the previous version is automatically overwritten. It does not continue to use space on your disk.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:53 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by renzii View Post
I have about a dozen of them now, but I'm scared to shred them since I don't know if that will also delete my books.
You can delete old dowloaded install files, if you ever need to find one you can locate old install files here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
renzii
Librarian/Reader/Student
renzii began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 6th Gen
Thumbs up Thank you!

You guys are so very helpful, and so quick to respond.Thanks so much!
renzii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:10 AM   #5
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Buy a bigger hard drive.

Even with the prices up from the Thailand flood, hard drive space is still cheap.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote