Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
lathom
Kindle user
lathom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Content Server Question

Is there a way to limit the categories to browse by? I've added a lot of custom fields and they all show up there, making the page very cluttered.
lathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
See the tweak under the heading "Set custom metadata fields that the content server will or will not display."
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
lathom
Kindle user
lathom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
See the tweak under the heading "Set custom metadata fields that the content server will or will not display."
Thanks Charles-

I had noticed that tweak, and have now tested it. As I had feared, the result is to eliminate those custom fields from under the book details as well - which I would prefer not to do. I just want to eliminate the front screen categorizations.

Two related notes:

1) I have a field called #rating that is not being displayed even when I specifically include it. Too close to the system-defined Ratings field?

2) I would really like to be able to also eliminate some of the system-defined fields from display on the content server, such a s Publisher, Language, etc.
lathom is offline   Reply With Quote