Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
CC problem on Onyx Boox T68

I just got an Onyx Boox T68 eink tablet with Google Play. CC works pretty good so far, but I am finding the white on white issue that other apps have. In book details anything that has a link - authors, publisher, tags, etc is not showing on the screen. On my tablet the links are light blue, so I guess this is why I can't see them.

I would post a screen print, but I can't figure out how to do one. The T68 doesn't have volume buttons, so even the screen print apps won't work. I'll have to take a picture and post it at some point.

I put 800+ books on it and so far everything else is great!

Here's the pic of the T68 and a screenshot of the same book on my Nexus 7.

Click image for larger version

Name:	boox.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	532.7 KB
ID:	124923
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-05-00-35-40.png
Views:	483
Size:	399.3 KB
ID:	124924

Last edited by Purple Lady; 07-05-2014 at 12:40 AM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:50 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Oh joy, a device that can't display colors.

I can add an option that chooses a dark color for link text, which should make the text visible. However, before I do that, are there other places where the standard colors don't work? If so, then the option should affect those as well.

Some questions:
  1. Should the links simply be black and depend on the underline? Or would a slightly lighter grey be better to help see and differentiate them?
  2. How many shades of grey does the device have?
  3. Is it a true multi-touch screen? Do all the gestures work, or do you get only "tap"?
  4. More generally, do all the other parts of CC work, especially the grouping drawer and the long-press features such as long-press to read?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #3
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Oh joy, a device that can't display colors.

I can add an option that chooses a dark color for link text, which should make the text visible. However, before I do that, are there other places where the standard colors don't work? If so, then the option should affect those as well.

Some questions:
  1. Should the links simply be black and depend on the underline? Or would a slightly lighter grey be better to help see and differentiate them?
  2. How many shades of grey does the device have?
  3. Is it a true multi-touch screen? Do all the gestures work, or do you get only "tap"?
  4. More generally, do all the other parts of CC work, especially the grouping drawer and the long-press features such as long-press to read?
I'm not sure it's just the color - look at the book cover - it has light blue in it. Also, the check for Group by first letters is blue and it shows. In my list of books I have the Show read Information checked and that doesn't show either.

1. I think a slightly lighter grey would be good, but it might not be the color.
2. 16 shades
3. True capacitive multi touch
4. So far everything I tried works great! The long press and grouping drawer works.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks for pointing this out - I hadn't noticed that there were supposed to be links there .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@HarryT & Purple Lady: Are either of you willing to try a version of CC that has an option to change the link text color to dark blue? My thought is that the normal light blue converts to the same shade of grey as the background.

If you are then I will send you a PM with a link to the CC APK file. You would download it on your device and install it. It would be a production version of CC so no uninstall would be required.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sure - happy to do so, provided I can install it without losing my CC database. Can you PM me a link?
Old 07-07-2014, 07:20 PM   #7
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Sure. And I don't even care if it might mess up the db. That's what rooting and backups are for.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:23 PM   #8
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Looks good, thanks! You can ignore what I said about the show read information not showing up. I just set the read flag on a book and it shows up. I must not have connected wirelessly again after setting the sync column.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:23 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

That works perfectly. Many thanks! All the links and tags are now visible on the "Book Details" page.