Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Best chain in USA for SO NT Kindle?

A quick question to USA forum members, from someone heading to the States this week on a month's vacation:

Is anyone aware of any of the national US chains running specials on the SO non-touch Kindle (normally $79)? As a visitor I want to buy one from a physical outlet, not online for obvious reasons....

Thanks for your help!
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I think you're going to have a hard time finding one. Depending on the area you're travelling to of course, I haven't seen them in at least a couple of months now. Typically you could find them at Walmart, Best Buy, Office Max, Office Depot, Sams Club, BJ's club but you need a membership for both of those.

I haven't seen them in a long time. It appears that they're gearing up for a new version so the old one is hard to come by. Sorry.

I think your best bet might be one of the office stores but you'll likely be paying full price for it.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I was making rounds with my newly minted school teacher daughter yesterday as she was looking for supplies and the SO non-touch Kindle was in Staples at regular price, but not to be found in Office Depot or Sam's (requires membership). YMMV
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Find the zip code of where you're going & go to the different sites to check stock availability. Bear in mind that some aren't as current as showing on the site. It may show stock but they have none or the other way around.

I travel to Buffalo, NY and no Office Depots have any according to the online site, but some in Florida do. Check online & then call the store to have them physically check for you.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Best Buy stores near my home don't always have the items stocked that their website claims to have in stock.

I rarely notice sales on Kindles in any of the local retail stores. I think the profit margin is so low they seldom mark them down, but occasionally they do.

If you have trusted relatives or friends in the USA near where you are traveling you could order one through Amazon.com and have it delivered to their home. Otherwise online ordering would be very problematic.

When you get here, go to Google.com, select Shopping (from the More drop list), and enter Kindle. On the Google search results page in the left side column scroll down and check the Show Only box for In Stock Nearby. You will get more store ads than you would normally care to read. You would probably have to do this after you arrived in USA so that Google will see you are here and direct ads accordingly. I have no clue as to how accurate these listings are.

Last edited by jswinden; 08-19-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Advert
Old 08-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
Martyd
Zealot
Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard,nexus 7,Kindle Voyage
My Walmart flyer today has the $79 Kindle with a $30 gift card, located in CT. I bought mine this way a few months ago. Perhaps you can find some things you need with the gift card.
Martyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyd View Post
My Walmart flyer today has the $79 Kindle with a $30 gift card, located in CT. I bought mine this way a few months ago. Perhaps you can find some things you need with the gift card.
I used my gift card to buy groceries. Doesn't take long to put $30 worth of food in a cart.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #8
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks for all the suggestions. We're starting in Dallas this week, so perhaps I will stumble across one. If Walmart flyer campaigns are national then the CT offer with a gift card mentioned above might just be available elsewhere...?
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by terencek View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. We're starting in Dallas this week, so perhaps I will stumble across one. If Walmart flyer campaigns are national then the CT offer with a gift card mentioned above might just be available elsewhere...?
More than likely. I'm in Seattle and the offer is available here. They had this same offer last 29 Apr ~ 05 May 2012. That's when I got my K4.

This offer is valid 19~25 Aug 2012.

I'd suggest paying for your Kindle in the electronics department, so you can use the gift card for the rest of your shopping. You'll pay $79 + tax. The cashier will then give you a free $30 gift card, which you can spend immediately on pretty much anything else - a case, food, clothing, etc.

I'm very pleased with the K4. I like it better than the K3 it replaced.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #10
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by terencek View Post
I checked the online ad and it shows the K4 available with the $30 gift card at Walmart in Dallas. I got mine in Oklahoma last year when they ran this deal. I had to pay for it in the electronics department. I also used the gift card before I left the store.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote