Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: How Many Books on Your Device?
I load only what I'm reading at the moment 2 1.47%
I load just a few...10 or less 8 5.88%
I load 50 or less 27 19.85%
I load 100 or less......gotta have a decent selection to choose from! 22 16.18%
200 or less 22 16.18%
300 or less 17 12.50%
400 or less 0 0%
500 or less 8 5.88%
600 or less 5 3.68%
700 or less 2 1.47%
800 or less 3 2.21%
900 or less 1 0.74%
1000 or less 0 0%
1001+ (please let us know how many!) 11 8.09%
I load every e-book I have and love the ability to do so! 19 13.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #31
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyPie View Post
About 275...it just keeps getting bigger "I'm downloading ...and I can't stop!" You all keep suggesting interesting stories/authors, I go browsing, and BAM there's another few just sitting there taunting me.
Welcome to the club...........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:11 PM   #32
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Please, someone tell me I'm not the only naive person who is scared to put too many books on her device? I got over 400 on my computer, but just can't resolve to putting more then 30 on Pengy, I just feel like I need to be nice and easy to him (yes, him, not it, it would hurt his feelings)...
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 12:20 AM   #33
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Please, someone tell me I'm not the only naive person who is scared to put too many books on her device? I got over 400 on my computer, but just can't resolve to putting more then 30 on Pengy, I just feel like I need to be nice and easy to him (yes, him, not it, it would hurt his feelings)...

"pengy"??? He's hungry. FEED him.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:40 AM   #34
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
100 or less. I have the books that I always seem to re-read on the sd card and they stay there along with the ones that I haven't read yet.

The folders are by type SciFi Mil_SciFi History etc.. then by author, if they are in a series that gets its own folder below author.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:03 AM   #35
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The or less mean I can vote for 1000 or less as long as I have at least one book on my 505.

We should have something like...

Just the one I am reading now
2-10
11-50
50-99
100-199
200-299
300-399
400-499
500-599
600-699
700-799
800-899
900-999
1000 or more (explain)

That would make it so I don't have so many correct answers to choose from that all fit what I have on my 505.
ped⋅ant⋅ry  /ˈpɛdntri/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ped-n-tree] Show IPA
Use pedantry in a Sentence
See web results for pedantry
See images of pedantry
–noun, plural -ries. 1. the character, qualities, practices, etc., of a pedant, esp. undue display of learning.
2. slavish attention to rules, details, etc.
3. an instance of being pedantic: the pedantries of modern criticism
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 02:21 AM   #36
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyPie View Post
About 275...it just keeps getting bigger "I'm downloading ...and I can't stop!" You all keep suggesting interesting stories/authors, I go browsing, and BAM there's another few just sitting there taunting me.
Hey, I've the same symptoms! I finally started on my Taliesin (from Stephen R. Lawhead) which I bought in 2004...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:18 AM   #37
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
120, or fewer ...... :don'thitmedon'thitmedon'thitme:
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #38
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I got tired of counting after I got to 400. 1000? 1200? shrug. And how do you count omnibuses? 1 book? the number of paper books in the omnibus?

I keep them on a 2 GIG SD card, which has 1.49 gig used. (And backups, lots of backups....)

Organization is sort of disorganized. All Authors have a folder, and all magazines have a folder. However, so of the author/magazines are group in bigger folders, like mystery, or comedy or classic fiction.

I used OpenInkPot (rel 2/26/09) on a Bebook. works just fine for me. Will read most any non-DRM file. I keep RTF, HTML, Epub, and Mobi files.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #39
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
120, or fewer ...... :don'thitmedon'thitmedon'thitme:
(snatches chocolate bar from hands of GeoffC JUST as its touching lips).....

Seriously..........I keep all my books on my 2g card..........and backed up on my computer. but I feel thats not enough.

Where else can I back them up?

I also only add books I simply must read or re-read at some point. Freebies no longer interest me just for being 'free'.

Great. Now I have to go find some kind of magical life extender so I can read them all before I die. And still........I keep adding.

Last night? My library just got "Dead Until Dark". Started reading immediately..........what a hoot! Can't wait to go thru the series........

babble babble babble............
Old 10-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #40
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I store my book directly on the main memory of my Gen3 (SD card was always dodgy).

Copies stored on my PC main drive AND the back-up drive - AND on a portable back-up drive ..... is that enough ?
Old 10-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #41
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
I store my book directly on the main memory of my Gen3 (SD card was always dodgy).

Copies stored on my PC main drive AND the back-up drive - AND on a portable back-up drive ..... is that enough ?
Yes, I think so. Heres your chocolate back.......
Old 10-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #42
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Yes, I think so. Heres your chocolate back.......
oh no - I insist - please enjoy it yourself - I have plenty ....
Old 10-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #43
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I'm pretty new at this so don't have that many ebooks at the moment - abt 60 - but generally plan to only have my selection of to-be-read books on my reader. I don't see any need to keep previously read books on the reader, but will keep them in a library on my PC.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #44
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
oh no - I insist - please enjoy it yourself - I have plenty ....
Thank You.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #45
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I have a little over 800 books on my Kindle 1 with an SD card. I haven't moved everything over to my Kindle DX, so I only have around 100 books on it.

Personally, I want my entire library on my ereader, but I also want better software on the ereader to manage those books. I find it frustrating that I have to use a PC to manage my library. I'm also not happy that Amazon discontinued support for the SD card.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote