Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 12:02 AM   #1
LightHouse Lady
Enthusiast
LightHouse Lady began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Calibre freezes when I click "Preferences"

I have been adding books all day and Calibre was working fine. Now I cannot get to preferences. It freezes up and I have to close it.

I could reinstall it, but how do I back up all my books?

Thanks,
LL
LightHouse Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightHouse Lady View Post
I have been adding books all day and Calibre was working fine. Now I cannot get to preferences. It freezes up and I have to close it.

I could reinstall it, but how do I back up all my books?
Try rebooting your machine first.

You can uninstall and reinstall calibre any time you want and it won't affect your books.

That said, backing up your books and metadata.db files is always a good idea. Your books are located in whatever directory you initially designated. If you are unsure click the library icon next to the view icon in the top toolbar and it will have the current location of your library. (see attached). Backing up your books is as simple as copying this folder to another location like a CD, DVD or another drive.

Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	library.png
Views:	295
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	56724  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
LightHouse Lady
Enthusiast
LightHouse Lady began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Thank you very much for going through the trouble to put the picture on there. That was so easy for me and I backed up my files.

The freezing is gone and I rebooted my computer 5x. Maybe that is what worked.

Again, I appreciate the help.

LL
LightHouse Lady is offline   Reply With Quote