Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-30-2023, 03:50 PM   #1
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Problems syncing between Kobo eReaders and Kobo apps

I detailed the troubles I was having syncing for the past year between my Kobo apps and devices. (I don’t know how well the link below will work through Tapatalk. I’ll edit when I get home if it doesn’t.) Most Kobo eReader users seem to abhor WiFi sync, and don’t use Macs, so feedback on the issue is usually slim to nonexistent.

Mostly, I was noticing spotty sync success between the two architectures. The % Read is correct, and instantly, but the Last Page Read is never in sync. Even accounting for differences in typography settings, the last page is different for all the versions. Sometimes a highlight will sync, but not the note. Sometimes my iPhone gets all annotations right on one book, but not another, and my iPad succeeds and fails on completely different books. It didn’t used to be this way, but has been broken for the past year and longer.

Anybody else noticing this? Sometimes deleting the book from the Kobo app and redownloading it will fix sync issues, but even that is spotty. Just wondering what others’ experiences have been.

Firmware 4.35.20400
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Last edited by Cootey; 02-14-2023 at 03:09 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 05:20 PM   #2
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I noticed this for years. Annoys me to no end.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2023, 06:19 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
What specific "Apple devices" are you referring to in regard to the Kobo App?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 03:01 AM   #4
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
What specific "Apple devices" are you referring to in regard to the Kobo App?

Specifically, my iPhone and my iPad running the latest Kobo app. Running the latest iOS. The experience should be the same for iPhone and iPad users of various devices and iterations.

Do you use the Kobo iOS app at all? I rather like it.

Last edited by Cootey; 02-14-2023 at 03:07 AM.
Old 02-14-2023, 03:06 AM   #5
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I noticed this for years. Annoys me to no end.

Same here, but a few years back Kobo made some serious progress. I was delighted with perfect sync parity for well over a year. I’m not sure when it went south, but it was well over a year ago that syncing became broken again. I’m sure there’s a thread or two here somewhere with me griping about it to davidfor.

Most people don’t seem to notice the issue because they prefer to sideload. In the Kobo forum, as I eluded to before, there is a strong tendency for the Kobo eReader fans to turn their noses up at cloud syncing. They even turn off WiFi. So when I complain about WiFi cloud syncing issues, it tends to fall on deaf ears. It’s a perfectly valid way to use their eReader, but I’m comfortable with cloud AND sideloaded books on my Clara HD.

Reading on the Kobo iPad app is quite pleasant, IMO. It’s wonderful for manga, color illustrations, etc.

Last edited by Cootey; 02-14-2023 at 12:06 PM.
Advert