Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #46
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Bwahahahaha!!! *slaps knee*

Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #47
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
FREE Today:

The Scoundrel's Bride
by Geralyn Dawson (Historical Western)
Formally published by Bantam in 1995 under the title, Tempting Morality. Book Two in series, Book one, Texan's Bride is here for $3.99. It was a freebie in May so you probably have it already.
Note: Tempting Morality? I can see why she changed the title.

Midnight Kisses by Kimberly Raye (Paranormal Romance)
Formally published by Dorchester as a Love Spell in 2000.
She is a well known Harlequin Blaze author.

Autumn Encore
by Jane Peart (Inspirational Romance)
Formally published by Thomas Nelson in 1985
She has another Free book called Quest for Lasting Love.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #48
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Driven by Eve Silver is another bargain I came across. I had this one on my wishlist and was getting ready to buy it when I came across the 25% off coupon for it. Coupon: SSW25 which makes it $2.93 that's not too bad!

This is an updated version of the Shomi book that Dorchester put out in 2007.
Thanks for the heads up. I liked Hidden, read it in paper. Have been looking for the ebook for Driven, and voila it finally appears. Guess it had to do with international rights because Hidden used to show on kobo for me, and it's not there now. I even emailed them to ask about Driven, seeing as Hidden is the second book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
FWIW, I wrote the author and she said the revised version was about 5000 additional words which includes bonus content at the end and a few new scenes woven throughout the book.
Good to know, thanks.

I'll buy at Kobo (and do my own price match on smashwords' sale price with an equivalent coupon code).
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedtea View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I liked Hidden, read it in paper. Have been looking for the ebook for Driven, and voila it finally appears. Guess it had to do with international rights because Hidden used to show on kobo for me, and it's not there now. I even emailed them to ask about Driven, seeing as Hidden is the second book.

Good to know, thanks.

I'll buy at Kobo (and do my own price match on smashwords' sale price with an equivalent coupon code).
You wont find Hidden in ebook yet because you see Dorchester formally published these titles in ebook and paper form and hopefully most stores have remove the older ebook versions that were put out by them.

Dorchester got into some financial trouble and didn't pay their authors any royalties. Some authors like Ms. Silver worked hard to get their rights to their books reverted back to them. So now the authors' themselves are publishing their former books. These are the authorized versions to buy so the author will get paid directly.

Some authors like A.J. Menden haven't got their rights back yet and her superhero series has been put on hold indefinitely.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:10 AM   #50
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Yeah that stinks about that third AJ Menden book! I also collected all the Shomi books in paperback, and don't mind re-buying the ebook to support the authors, as I just did with that Eve Kenin book.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #51
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

China Rose US DE by Marsha Canham (repeat freebie)
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #52
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
From Maya Banks facebook page:

Hey guys! I'm on the road to Florida (I've been on the road since 4 a.m.) and from what I can see on my phone (I have limited Internet access today) Colters' Promise is on sale at all the places it should be.

I'd like to ask a very special favor in spreading the word about this special pricing promotion. It has far reaching implications on the future of digital pricing and the publisher is going to be studying this sale carefully.

Readers already know the importance of digital pricing and are very aware of the significance of overpricing but we need for the publisher to receive this message loud and clear so that the people who determine digital pricing for the publisher will know and understand that Colters' Gift which releases next April needs to be priced lower so that readers are able to afford and WANT to afford a more reasonably priced book.

I and my agent can advocate and argue on behalf of readers but until readers speak out, our objections are largely ignored.

So I ask your help to get the word out about this sale because a lot is riding on it. Lots of people are paying attention to see if lowering a price has significant impact on sales. If it DOES then it's going to be an awesome victory for readers because then the publisher will look at future releases (like Colters' Gift) and adjust digital prices accordingly.

Fingers and toes crossed!!! And thanks in advance for your support and let's keep fingers crossed we see a more appropriate price for Colters' Gift!!! xoxo ♥ ♥ ♥

-----she then says the Sony store won't honor the sale! I am off to see if Amazon has the sale price and buy a copy. I love Maya Banks. (Though I heard this book doesn't have much sex in it!)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #53
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
I've found a couple good deals in the BooksOnBoard sale, so thought I'd point them out...

-Courtney Milan's The Governess Affair is 68 cents (regularly 99 cents).

-Two Beverly Kendall titles (of a 4-part series) are cheaper than you can find them at Amazon, B&N, and Kobo:
Book 3 is a freebie (novella) all around, and 4 is brand new and around $5.

Edit - The last book, An Heir of Deception, can be picked up at Kobo for $2.74 with the currently active code ac4auto45 (which I found in the Kobo forum here). Nifty!

FWIW, these books went on my price watch list after a recent review at Dear Author.

Last edited by pisceschick; 07-07-2012 at 02:21 AM.
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #54
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free at Amazon:

Sound of Secrets US DE by Darlene Gardner, a Harlequin author.

Quote:
Is he reaching out from the grave to ask her to solve the mystery of his death? A romantic mystery with ghostly overtones.

Cara Donnelly is sure she's never visited the sleepy Florida town of Secret Sound. So why does the very name ring a haunting bell? Why does so much of the scenery look familiar? Most importantly, why does she see a little boy get hit by a car thirty years after the incident happened?

Cara wants to get out of town fast after experiencing the strange vision despite the connection she feels to police chief Gray DeBerg. The townspeople, including Gray, are not happy about Cara stirring up the pain of that tragic event.

But after Cara learns the boy was kidnapped shortly before the event and his kidnapper never found, she feels the boy is reaching out from the grave to beg her to solve the mystery of his death. If she runs from him and Gray, she fears she'll also be running from herself.
Forever After US DE by Karen Rose Smith (repeat freebie)
Old 07-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #55
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Also Free by Karen Rose Smith:

--Love In Bloom

Description:

Emotional, contemporary romance from Best-selling and Award winning author Karen Rose Smith

Dr. Paige Conrad needs Clay Reynolds' help. However, he can't give it because she and the rest of the town of Langley, Maryland, might discover his secret. Clay has no memory of the first twenty-five years of his life. The past and his father's rejection is behind him. Digging it up brings back nightmare he has fought for ten years to control.
After spending three years in underdeveloped countries following her parents' vision of healing, Paige has come to Langley to gain perspective on her life and help an old friend with his medical practice. Learning Clay was involved in a rock climbing accident and went through the rehabilitation process, she wants him to share his experience with a trouble teenager to give the boy hope.
Paige and Clay are inexorably drawn to each other. But can Clay trust Paige and share his secret? Can Paige dare to follow her own dreams.

--Love In Bloom was first published with Meteor/Kismet.

--Heartfire (Search For Love)

Description:

Tessa Kahill, renowned journalist who traveled the world, is falling in love with her best friend's husband all over again! Tessa and Max Winthrop dated before he met Leslie. But then Tessa left with secrets and dreams to follow her career, and Max married Leslie. With a child and what he considered a "perfect" marriage, Max was devastated when he lost his wife, his son's mother, and Tessa's best friend. A rocky road, a man and woman who are searching for love and a little boy who holds his own secret. They could be a real family if they could all become vulnerable and honest with each other. A heartfire has been burning for years. Will it lead to everlasting love?

--Previously published as HEARTFIRE, HOMEFIRE with Silhouette Books under the pseudonym Kari Sutherland.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #56
Britomart
Guru

Free at Amazon:

Jungle of Deceit US DE by Maureen A. Miller (a Carina Press author). I got this one from Smashwords at some point, but can't recall if it was a freebie or not.

Quote:
Mitch Hasslet, a war photojournalist relegated to a desk job, is the sole witness to a heist of Mayan artifacts. Recruited by the enigmatic director of the Museum of Art and Antiquities, Mitch is sent to Guatemala, the last location the shipment was tracked to. Acting as the museum staff photographer, Mitch joins a group of archaeologists. His goal is to locate the artifacts as swiftly as possible so that he can collect his compensation and get the hell out of the jungle.

Alexandra Langley is about to run out of funds. She has yet to discover the lost Mayan civilization she knows lurks in the rainforest. To achieve her grant, she will accept the museum's latest nuisance, Mitch Hasslet, and any other obstacle that is sent her way.

Unsuccessful and desperate, Alex has decided to move the group to a portion of the jungle referred to as, “No Man’s Land”−a sector where archaeological teams have ventured but never returned.

As Mitch and Alex discover romance, will their bond protect them in a jungle filled with deceit?
Lucky for Love US DE by Marina Oliver. I know her mainly as an author of historicals (she has published with Fawcett (as Sally James) and Robert Hale).

Quote:
Love on the luxurious high seas! A new novel by Marina Oliver.

Can one find love a second time? Julie, still mourning her husband Andrew, who was killed in a car smash three years ago, doesn't expect to when she is bullied into taking a cruise by her sister Susan, who works in the gift shop on the ship. She is resigned rather than enthusiastic, and recalls her earlier holiday when she tried to forget Andrew. That was a disaster when, thrown together with Steven, the only other singleton in the party, she misread his attentions - and intentions.

Robert, who lost his fiancée just before their wedding, and hasn't looked at another woman since, has other things on his mind as he tries to solve the mystery of thefts from wealthy passengers who inhabit the expensive penthouse suites. With the help of his aunt and cousin, who will invite suspects to parties in their suite, he hopes to trap the thief.

And then Steven takes a hand. Julie is furious with Susan, who has engineered his presence, and does her best to evade him, but Stephen is hoping to pick up the relationship
Old 07-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #57
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post

Lucky for Love US DE by Marina Oliver. I know her mainly as an author of historicals (she has published with Fawcett (as Sally James) and Robert Hale).
Am I just grumpy this morning, or the blurb for this one kind of a train wreck? Makes me wonder who was responsible for saying, "Yes! This will definitely draw people in!" Even at the awesome price of FREE I hesitate, especially with no reviews.

On a brighter, less grumpy note, thanks to various mentions of DANL here, I joined the other day. I really like what they are doing with that site, and I hope it's successful. While we already have the Grand Dame Harlequin, and All Romance, and some others I'm not awake enough to list, DANL is a standout already, I think. Maybe it's because they seem to be more personal, somehow. Don't know, but I like it. Certainly can't beat the membership cost/benefit ratio. I chose "Untouched" for my free selection, and also bought a military romance, which is a new subgenre for me.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #58
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
What a mash up!
BTW- Car smash? Really? Usualy, those are not fatal...
I've had many smashes. Just broken plastic, normally....
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #59
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
On a brighter, less grumpy note, thanks to various mentions of DANL here, I joined the other day. I really like what they are doing with that site, and I hope it's successful. While we already have the Grand Dame Harlequin, and All Romance, and some others I'm not awake enough to list, DANL is a standout already, I think. Maybe it's because they seem to be more personal, somehow. Don't know, but I like it. Certainly can't beat the membership cost/benefit ratio. I chose "Untouched" for my free selection, and also bought a military romance, which is a new subgenre for me.
Welcome to the addiction!
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #60
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Am I just grumpy this morning, or the blurb for this one kind of a train wreck? Makes me wonder who was responsible for saying, "Yes! This will definitely draw people in!" Even at the awesome price of FREE I hesitate, especially with no reviews.
Marina Oliver is well known author. She's been writing since the 70s. She's from the UK. I don't know who wrote the synopsis for this but you're right it doesn't make sense and needs to be rewritten.