Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #1681
pgfiore
Enthusiast
pgfiore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I stupidly moved my pw1 to 5.4.4
The amusing part is that the margin hack seems still working (or at least I can see every book row starting and ending very close to the plastic frame, as I like)

... thought jbpath cannot survive!
[however, jbpatch menu doesnt start anymore)
pgfiore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:36 PM   #1682
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfiore View Post
I stupidly moved my pw1 to 5.4.4
The amusing part is that the margin hack seems still working (or at least I can see every book row starting and ending very close to the plastic frame, as I like)

... thought jbpath cannot survive!
[however, jbpatch menu doesnt start anymore)
Sorry for my question, I'm a little lost. Where could I find the margin hack? I'm 5.4.4 and would like to install it. Thx in advance.
atleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:26 AM   #1683
pgfiore
Enthusiast
pgfiore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sorry atleon and sorry forum, seems I made a mess not only with my pw and started writing bullshits.
Probably I get wrong as the book, I was reading, was cached in some way...
However as a matter of fact the hacked margins quickly disappeared and now they are controlled by the original firmware.
JBPatch doesn't start at all and complain it's not a working installation.

Then, in few words, stay with the right firmware!
pgfiore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #1684
baocunfive
baocunfive began at the beginning.

Device: kpw2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
Updated for PW2 5.4.3
In a new firmware for PW2 possible to adjust PDF margins.

ReaderSDK-impl-ln_LN.jar -> ReaderResources_ln_LN.class -> Open in JBE
Methods -> <init> -> [0] Code -> Code Editor tab

For PW2 edit values:

font.wordsperline.margin.list.pdf
[fewest] : 50 > 30
[fewer] : 35 > 20
[default] : 20 > 10

For PDF it's possible to select one of three values lateral and top margins.

reader.content.leftMargin.pdf : 20 > 10
reader.content.rightMargin.pdf : 20 > 10
reader.content.topMargin.pdf : 20 > 12
reader.content.bottomMargin.pdf : 40 > 18

Progress-bar is displayed now over a bottom margin.

baocunfive
Look at manual on page 106 of this topic:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1577
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1588
Thanks to Kaznelson again, your suggestion is working

I would ask another question , it will be great appreciated if you could give some advice again . Is there any way to modify the 3 default line spacing values for kpw2, especially for mobi file reading, I have checked the <ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar>/<ReaderResources_en_GB.class>, but can't find any value settings for line spacing list, maybe it's not no the right way.
could you give any hints, thanks in advance.

Last edited by baocunfive; 03-20-2014 at 10:15 AM.
baocunfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:52 PM   #1685
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
baocunfive
Values of line spacing are not found yet...
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:00 AM   #1686
baocunfive
baocunfive began at the beginning.

Device: kpw2
Quote:
baocunfive
Values of line spacing are not found yet...
Thanks
baocunfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:06 PM   #1687
mfp12
mfp12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kaznelson, great work. I really like the pdf reflow, and a way to change size of fonts for mobi reading.

One question: The changed size of font in the panel of search (Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar) - what's the panel of search? Don't see difference anywhere.

Thanks.
mfp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #1688
Huku
Huku began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Temporally hack for Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4-5.4.4 and Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation 5.4.2-5.4.3 with "English (United Kingdom)" interface:

Paperwhite
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_534.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_535.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_536.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_538.zip (also works on 5.3.8.1)
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_539.zip
update_fonthack_0.4_pw_544.zip

Paperwhite 2
update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_542.zip (also works on 5.4.2.1)
update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_543.zip

- The changed size of a font at reading mobi-books (Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)
- The changed size of a font at reading kf8/azw3-books (HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The changed size of a font in the panel of search (Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar);
- The switched on reflow-mode for pdf-documents (Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar);
- The changed margins at reading mobi/kf8-books and pdf-documents (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The reduced height of the bottom progressbar (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar).

More details in a Readme_eng.txt file...
Help please,
I have Kindle PW2 with 5.4.2 . I installed the jailbreak easily. Then I downloaded update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_542.zip. First I installed only the Margins hack - update was successful but after restart there I could not find the JBPatch "book" anywhere. Then I installed Margins hack and one of the fonts hack (2_21-35). Again "update successful" -> restart. And again I cannot find how to start JBPatch (tried cover view and list view). Then I noticed that my Kindle is English US instead of English United Kingdom, so I set to English United Kingdom restarted Kindle, then once again installed Margins hack and fonts hack. Unfortunately again I cannot find the JBPatch "book" to start JBPatch interface. Is it something obvious I am not doing right? Please help. Here is the last log of installation:

Start install: Wed Apr 2 21:18:50 GMT+3:0100 2014
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: move: Backup exist, skipped. Replace old file (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)
OTA_install: level I: manage: Setup hacked file permissions (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: move: Backup exist, skipped. Replace old file (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar)
OTA_install: level I: manage: Setup hacked file permissions (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar)
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: move: Backup exist, skipped. Replace old file (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar)
OTA_install: level I: manage: Setup hacked file permissions (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar)
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: move: Backup exist, skipped. Replace old file (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar)
OTA_install: level I: manage: Setup hacked file permissions (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar)
Complete install: Wed Apr 2 21:19:00 GMT+3:0100 2014
Huku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #1689
Huku

Ok, I made some progress (feeling little stupid). I just had to open a book and (the part I was not doing) change font and margins and then the book was "reloaded" and margins are fine and fonts also. However it is still mystery how to start the JBPatch interface :-) and put progress bar.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:36 PM   #1690
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huku View Post
Ok, I made some progress (feeling little stupid). I just had to open a book and (the part I was not doing) change font and margins and then the book was "reloaded" and margins are fine and fonts also. However it is still mystery how to start the JBPatch interface :-) and put progress bar.
Have you read the "readme.en.txt" file in the archive?

Have you read the entire first post of this thread?
How about the post linked to in that thread, giving additional details? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2622045

Last edited by knc1; 04-02-2014 at 03:43 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #1691
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
What knc1 said.

Hint: kaznelson's tweak has nothing to do with JBPatch, it just happens to live in the same thread here, because it replicates a JBPatch feature, but targeting FW versions that JBPatch doesn't support (partially or at all).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:05 AM   #1692
Huku

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Have you read the "readme.en.txt" file in the archive?
Yes I did. As I said the thing I have overlooked was that the device was in EN US instead of UK.
Quote:
Have you read the entire first post of this thread?
I did... many times. For a person that is not familiar with the big picture it is not easy to understand the purpose of each thing.
I even went through most of the posts in the thread (spent like two hours) but I could not find the answers I was looking for. May be again overlooked...
Quote:
How about the post linked to in that thread, giving additional details? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2622045
Yes, I read that post and the reasons for not supporting future firmwares.

Last edited by Huku; 04-03-2014 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:11 AM   #1693
Huku

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
What knc1 said.

Hint: kaznelson's tweak has nothing to do with JBPatch, it just happens to live in the same thread here, because it replicates a JBPatch feature, but targeting FW versions that JBPatch doesn't support (partially or at all).
NiLuje thank you once again! That simple answer clarifies everything. It even clarifies why knc1 asked the questions above :-) (Yes, I thought that the tweak and JBPatch are one and the same thing).

Last edited by Huku; 04-03-2014 at 01:14 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:40 AM   #1694
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huku View Post
NiLuje thank you once again! That simple answer clarifies everything. It even clarifies why knc1 asked the questions above :-) (Yes, I thought that the tweak and JBPatch are one and the same thing).
Yup -
I guess I could have said: "JBPatch does not support your firmware version."

But this is a DIY oriented web-site, so we encourage people to read the directions themselves.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #1695
Lukky776
Lukky776 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
With me the patch TTS is absent.(Bei mir fehlt der TTS Patch.)
How can I solve the problem? (Wie kann ich das Problem lösen?)
Lukky776 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks