Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
How many font sizes on Jetbook Lite and Aluratek Libre?

The Jetbook Lite and Aluratek Libre have two fonts - Ariel and Verdana. I have seen some references saying they have 5 font sizes and other references saying they have 6 font sizes. Which is true? Also, is there any way to format an e-book with a serif font that will display on these devices?
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Differences

I can answer that no matter what you format your ebooks for you are stuck with the fonts that are built into the jetbook.

You can change the fonts in PDF as long as you store the entire page as an image. Not a very good solution.
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
jetBook and jetBook-Lite have 6 font sizes
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:05 AM   #4
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
jetBook and jetBook-Lite have 6 font sizes
So much to discover. How do we change the font size in the jb original? I saw the two fonts, but not an option to change the size.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:40 AM   #5
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Button in the upper right hand corner of the cursor keys, looks like a magnifying glass with an F in the center. While reading a book, push it, it will pop up a menu showing you the sizes.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #6
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank You! =) =)
Old 02-10-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
pendragginp
Guru

Red face

Oh jeez, as I did that I suddenly realized I had tried that out when I first got the jb, I just forgot!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #8
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
No sweat, easy fix
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #9
pendragginp
Guru

Duh me. =}
Old 04-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #10
asperger
Enthusiast
asperger began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
I use an aluratek Libre with Sigil and have successfully embedded fonts in my .epub files that render properly on the libre.

@font-face {
font-family: FreeMono, Regular;
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
src: url(../fonts/FreeMono.ttf);
}

My version of Sigil does not create the font subdirectory in the .epub file automatically, so I have to move the fonts required by my book into the .epub file manually; apart from that it's all good. Additionally, Sigil will also wipe out any existing fonts sub-directory in the .epub file on save, so I have to add those files back in each time.

Small price to pay though, to get all the fonts I like on my books, and not be restricted to the 'built-in' selection. Thanks to Sigil and to Aluratek

Edit Update: Sigil 0.2.0 beta MAY make adding embedded fonts to .epubs almost as easy as adding images. ( but it's not quite there yet )

Last edited by asperger; 04-17-2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: update to newer version... then back again.
asperger is offline   Reply With Quote