Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #16
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I got kicked out of secondary school (High-School) on more than one occassion. Hated every minute of it. Ended up with Masters Degree, go figure.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #17
forwhatitsworth
forwhatitsworth began at the beginning.

Device: none
hahaha, thats a great find, thanks.
forwhatitsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #18
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I got kicked out of secondary school (High-School) on more than one occassion. Hated every minute of it. Ended up with Masters Degree, go figure.
Because sometimes, the worst high school students turn out to be the best college students,.......when they are ready to learn.

My son was the same way.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #19
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Because sometimes, the worst high school students turn out to be the best college students,.......when they are ready to learn.

My son was the same way.
Oh, please I hope that applies to my second. Right now he doesn't seem to care about school at all. But, wants to enroll in a college that cost about 30k per year.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #20
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

My son was the same way.
I graduated high school with a 1.8 (almost failed, came down to two exams), and I graduated college with a 3.67.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #21
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I really do think High School the way it's set up like a prison is a big turn off and the kids who misbehave in class really make learning tedious. Since half the time the teacher is busy trying to control the kids behavior. I really really hated High School and pretty much stuck my nose in a book to make it through and did the bare miniumn that was required. The scary part is I still had a high GPA for doing almost nothing. Truly passing school is just doing the work not really having to think. They almost always gave busy work.

When I got to college it was so much better because it was nice being in a place where people actually wanted to learn and behaved in class. And I liked the challenge.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #22
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I really do think High School the way it's set up like a prison is a big turn off and the kids who misbehave in class really make learning tedious. Since half the time the teacher is busy trying to control the kids behavior. I really really hated High School and pretty much stuck my nose in a book to make it through and did the bare miniumn that was required. The scary part is I still had a high GPA for doing almost nothing. Truly passing school is just doing the work not really having to think. They almost always gave busy work.

When I got to college it was so much better because it was nice being in a place where people actually wanted to learn and behaved in class. And I liked the challenge.
The school I went to was the biggest waste of time in my entire life, and I see it now with my young nephews and their school. Boring, tedious, tow-the-line nonsense. Passions squashed, tedium promoted, conformity lauded. The only things I ever learned in school was how to make friends and how much I hated authority iin all its shapes and forms. I've got to thank them for that one.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote