Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Page breaks in Mobi files

When I create Mobi books, I always force a pagebreak by adding the Mobi-specific: "<mbp:pagebreak> tag to the file.

I notice, however, that when I convert LIT books to Mobi, they come out with hard page breaks at the start of chapters without doing this. What other methods are there of forcing a pagebreak in a Mobi book? Anyone know?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
When I create Mobi books, I always force a pagebreak by adding the Mobi-specific: "<mbpagebreak> tag to the file.

I notice, however, that when I convert LIT books to Mobi, they come out with hard page breaks at the start of chapters without doing this. What other methods are there of forcing a pagebreak in a Mobi book? Anyone know?
If you're using Mobipocket Creator, you can use CSS styles like:

<style type="text/css">
h1 { text-indent: 0; text-align: center; page-break-before: always }
</style>

The page-break-before: always gets converted into the Mobi-specific code by Mobipocket Creator.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That would explain it. Thanks, Paul!
Old 02-24-2012, 03:45 AM   #4
genfind
genfind began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Page Break

Hi all - I`m new to this so where exactly in the HTML code would this little piece of script be entered as I am having trouble separating pages of a book which I have scanned from OCR to HTML.
When viewed in Sigil it is fine but when converted to Mobi for my Kindle I don`t get the separate pages and so this means it is really really messy. For example : At the end of Chapter 1 instead of creating a new page for Chapter 2 it continues at the end of Chapter 1 on the same page !
Where am I going wrong ? Would creating a TOC file in Sigil work do you think or would I still not get the separate pages. Sorry for being new and being a pain in the rear !
Thanks all
Anthony
genfind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:43 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The easiest way to do it is to add to your HTML:

Code:
<mbp:pagebreak>
at the point at which you want a hard pagebreak.
Advert