Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #106
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDog View Post
I just got a Glo for my birthday!
So far I love it. Faster than the Touch; the light is beautiful; the text is sharper.

There are just a few things I'd like to see:
1) Lower minimum light level
2) Progress bar (with chapter marks) in the bottom bar (I keep wanting to know how far I am from the end of the chapter)

3) Swipe down to enter text selection mode (I used this all the time)
Happy birthday!

... and... SO DID I! Yay! And I notice the same things you mention, I love it. Plus, I would also really like 1 and 2.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #107
OverHaze
Connoisseur
OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2
I would like side loaded ebubs to be treated the same way as Kobo purchased epubs. Name at the top, chapter recognition, and an option for the Glo to ignore any embedded formatting.

Also fonts on side loaded epubs look a tad squashed compared Kobo purchased content. That is likely something I could fix in Calibre but again it would be great if this was something that could be taken care of by the reader itself.

Last edited by OverHaze; 12-12-2012 at 12:58 PM.
OverHaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #108
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
The issue that's bugging me the most right now is the incredibly slow search function. I'm seeing it on my Glo with most books on the SD card, and on my Mini with everything in the main memory. It's searching in "real time," but it's so slow that I've long finished typing the search term by the time the first letter of the term shows up, and if I've misspelled something I have to wait for it to finish and then start all over. I'd rather be able to type my search term and SEE IT, and then have it search.

Also, not having characters like the "@" and a period on the default keyboard is crazy-making.

Last edited by cghipp; 01-23-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Edited to clarify speed issue
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #109
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHaze View Post
I would like side loaded ebubs to be treated the same way as Kobo purchased epubs. Name at the top, chapter recognition, and an option for the Glo to ignore any embedded formatting. ...
Look at this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...39#post2255839
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #110
amarius
amarius began at the beginning.

2nd Landscape Mode for epubs
amarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #111
xuyn2003
Connoisseur
xuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-T1&KOBOTOUCH
1. Add an option which cound disable showing the page number at bottom.
2. TOC in tree fomat, can expand and fold according to TOC levels.
3. Let customer to customize fonts for web browser.
4. The minimum light level is still too strong, give more range.
xuyn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #112
greens
Connoisseur
greens began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have a very little request for the next firmware

when in landscape mode with CBZ/CBR files (manga and comics) it can't scroll down. it scroll down only if zoommed in a little bit, but in this way it is not usable really belive me. I belive it's really bad because someone need to scoll also left and right, there too much movment and the black refresh of the screen begin to be a pain. can you patch the firmware so that then it will be possible to "scroll up and down" without the need to "zoom in"?

thx you so much!!!!!!!!

p.s. there is another issue but it is really minor: when chance the page in landscape mode with CBZ/CBR files the next page start from the bottom not from the up. if it is possible to set it that it start form the viceversa? this one is not a priority absolutley! thx!

Last edited by greens; 12-17-2012 at 08:15 PM.
greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #113
maxime
maxime began at the beginning.

Hi. Metadata support for CBZ/CBR files would be nice.
I like to have a consistent database but the lack of metadata for these files is disappointing. Since it's a rather simple format, adding an XML/text file describing metadata (done by ComicRack apparently) to the archive should be enough to provide such information. Apart from being easy to implement, I don't think it would cause any error when the archive is read on another device that doesn't support it, assuming this metadata file would be simply ignored.
Thank you!
maxime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #114
greens
Connoisseur
greens began at the beginning.

Device: none
I belive this Kobo Glo bug is very important to fix too, because it would make Kobo loose buyers if not solved (take a look to post #14 to understand what I mean): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=199944
greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #115
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuyn2003 View Post
1. Add an option which cound disable showing the page number at bottom.
2. TOC in tree fomat, can expand and fold according to TOC levels.
3. Let customer to customize fonts for web browser.
4. The minimum light level is still too strong, give more range.
Yes please, especially 1 and 4.

Additionally, 1b: add an option to see page numbers per total pages instead of per # of pages per chapter in kepubs.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #116
Liriel
Connoisseur
Liriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a TexanLiriel might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: BOL Oyo, Kobo Glo 8GB
please reset the lower bar to that from version 2.2.1 and lower.
kill the percent monitor and make the button Library come back.

its a horror that can not go back to the shelves and must go through the start screen.
please return the libary button or set a option to change it.

Last edited by Liriel; 12-22-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #117
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liriel View Post
please reset the lower bar to that from version 2.2.1 and lower.
kill the percent monitor and make the button Library come back.

its a horror that can not go back to the shelves and must go through the start screen.
please return the libary button or set a option to change it.
second that
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #118
Mrs_Often
Wizard

I would very much like an option to change the way paragraphs are separated in kobobooks (kepubs). I hate the way each paragraph starts after an empty line. It's just ridiculous. I know, internet is full of paragraphs separated with that style, and that's fine, and I might even like it like that on my computer screen. But I've never ever ever ever seen a fiction pocket book with such a ridiculous space wasting layout. It's especially frustrating with authors that write very short paragraphs (eg. one line; one sentence), or when there's lots of dialogue that often starts a new paragraph each time a different character says something.

I know, you can remove these empty lines with calibre, but sometimes I like to be able to read a book straight away after buying from kobo without having to go through the hassle of downloading the DRM epub, converting it and sideloading it.

And while I'm busy requesting things, I'd like to add my long time annoyance once more: please give us the option to view page numbers per total pages instead of per page number per chapter total. Sigh.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #119
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
This isn't a firmware request, but it is a bit of a suggestion to Kobo and I'm not sure where else to put it. Sorry.

I downloaded the user guide for my Goo from the Kobo site

It is in PDF format. How about making the guides into .ePUB (or Kepub) and putting it on your Kobo by default or letting us download it that way from the Kobo site or store for free?
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #120
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
+ 1

Makes sense to me, Liesse
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature, firmware, glo, request