Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #1171
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Is it that book by the woman who wrote the Adrian Mole books? I've not read it, but the premise is that the royal family are sent to live on a housing estate like normal people.

I wish I could remember the author and book name though
Oh! that's Sue Townsend and I can't remember the name of the book either. Great guess, but that's not it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #1172
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Oh! that's Sue Townsend and I can't remember the name of the book either. Great guess, but that's not it.
The Queen and I.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #1173
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Damn

And I googled it once you told me her name, it was 'The Queen and I'.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #1174
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
The Queen and I.
Orlok's quicker than Google
Old 08-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #1175
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Orlok's quicker than Google
Well I didn't have to look it up . I once read this book to my wife, doing all the voices of the royals. She seemed to enjoy it....
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #1176
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well I didn't have to look it up . I once read this book to my wife, doing all the voices of the royals. She seemed to enjoy it....
She'd like this book, too, once someone guesses it! Perhaps poohbear will rescue us.

Can you do the voice of HM discussing her grandson's holiday snaps?
Old 08-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #1177
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:

Hey, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas
Old 08-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #1178
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
I'd give it a go, though my Prince Charles is the charm .

Is this a non-fiction book, or an imagined history?
Old 08-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #1179
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Hey, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas
Knowing where you spend your own recent holiday, am I to infer your having left something substantial there?

Quote:
I'd give it a go, though my Prince Charles is the charm .

Is this a non-fiction book, or an imagined history?
It's called, Younger Sons Have More Fun, Or: What Was He Thinking?

Can we set up a Skype conference so we all get to hear your PoW?
Old 08-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #1180
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Knowing where you spend your own recent holiday, am I to infer your having left something substantial there?
Other than a substantial portion of our bank account, you mean?
Old 08-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #1181
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Can we set up a Skype conference so we all get to hear your PoW?
Be careful what you wish for....
Old 08-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #1182
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
I thought this was a referral to the current headlines that the current Younger Son was photographed in the altogether. In Vegas. Playing strip pool at a swimming pool, or something. snicker! I haven't look at the shots, but I agree he's a handsome youngster.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #1183
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I thought this was a referral to the current headlines that the current Younger Son was photographed in the altogether. In Vegas. Playing strip pool at a swimming pool, or something. snicker! I haven't look at the shots, but I agree he's a handsome youngster.
It was (I think it was strip billiards), but apparently Bilbo has his own embarrassing snaps from a recent sojourn in Vegas.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #1184
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:

It's called, Younger Sons Have More Fun, Or: What Was He Thinking?
So, least we miss it, this was the actual title? Eeeenteresting, given that her majesty's father was also a second son, and didn't plan on taking the throne.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #1185
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Looks a bit like his dad.

Quote:
It was (I think it was strip billiards), but apparently Bilbo has his own embarrassing snaps from a recent sojourn in Vegas.
Ha, I wish I'd had half as good a time