Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-14-2009, 01:59 AM   #1
tknterry
A Literate Human
tknterry has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS-505
Hi from New Reader of Ebooks (sony PRS-505) from Wisconsin

I bought this new ebook reader for myself for Christmas and love it! Hello all. Im glad I found this forum. It has already been helpful.
tknterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:53 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Howdy, tknterry!

I agree - I've learned so much here!

Welcome, and enjoy your 505. I know I love mine.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:03 AM   #3
besca147
besca147 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hello

I'm new too with the same device
besca147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum!

Personally the 505 is my favorite
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Welcome to the forums. Today feels like a good day to stay inside and do some reading in Wisconsin. Enjoy the 505.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello tknterry -- and welcome to MobileRead. You're in good company with your Sony 505; there are lots of Sony users here at MobileRead. Also, the MobileRead library contains more titles formatted for the Sony than in any other format.

So, now that you've had your reader for a couple of weeks, what is it that you like and dislike? What improvements do you think are needed? What have you read so far? What kinds of books do you like to read?

And, since I haven't seen a post by besca147 in any other thread, welcome to you too. I'd pose the same questions to you.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi tknterry and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 a year ago and like it a lot.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:53 AM   #8
tknterry
A Literate Human
tknterry has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS-505
I did not realize that I received all these responses! Apparently the email notification did not work for some reason. Anyway, I now have a Kindle 2 also, which I got a few weeks ago and I love it even more than the Sony 505! The wireless downloading is great! The faster 'page' transition times are nicer than the Sony 505 and the built in dictionary is fantastic! I also love the ability to preview, at no cost, books and magazines on it. I am keeping my Sony 505 though since I have lots of books on it and its still a very good e-reader.
Thanks again for a great forum.
--Terry
tknterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Sounds great. I really like my Sony but would be equally happy with a Kindle.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:41 AM   #10
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello Terry, and Name:  black dog.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  4.8 KB to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:55 AM   #11
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Welcome to MR - hope you enjoy BOTH of your new toys :-)
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote