Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #271
Murius
Murius began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook pro 902 / Kindle touch 3G
Hi, I set a password for the configuration menu and I can't enter anymore. The password I enter is right (I tried changing one of the four numbers and I get an "incorrect password" message) but all I get is a blank screen.

However I can still change setting by editing the cfg file but I am concerned about updates etc.

Can someone help?
Murius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #272
pb611
pb611 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 611
bug or i am stupid?

pocketbook 611. latest firmware. in browser, the tag:

<textarea>

i am not able to write anything into it.
input type text or input type password works ok...

i need it because of access to webmail - see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185803
pb611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #273
babyface
babyface began at the beginning.

Device: none
I also wanted to say, that I love okular. Especially the navigation features! It's sad when a developer has to leave for such reasons. I write myself a tiny plasma applet. Not much but its used by quite a few people. I've also got ranty requests (for binaries!) and a lot of duplicated feature requests in the forum (I have a bugtracker on bitbucket.org and linked it on kde-apps.org!). But I just ignore that. Features I don't like I don't implement.
babyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:03 AM   #274
Partycrash00
Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Pocketbook Touch Lux, Pocketbook Ultra
Dictionary at PB622

I put the dictionary at the PB622 at a button, to start it more easier.
But the first time I start it, it doesn't show a word and the LED keeps on shining. (Standard dictionary: Lingvo EN-DE)
I have to close the book over the taskmanager, open it again and press again at the dictionary. Then it works.
Partycrash00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #275
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partycrash00 View Post
I put the dictionary at the PB622 at a button, to start it more easier.
But the first time I start it, it doesn't show a word and the LED keeps on shining. (Standard dictionary: Lingvo EN-DE)
I have to close the book over the taskmanager, open it again and press again at the dictionary. Then it works.
Same problem here, I accidentially solved it by converting all my books again with Calibre to enable free choice of fonts (Tip from the german section, original post here.

HOW TO:

Calibre -> Preferences -> Conversion -> Common options ->A Look and feel

Chose "Justify Text" in the falldown menu on the lower right side
Select the tab "Filter Style Information" and check the "Font" box.

Save and exit.

Additionally I converted all my books to the fb2 format because with this sorting by "Series" works and I always preferred the fbreader over the Adobe but the font issue made it pretty useless until now
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:21 AM   #276
starr974
Connoisseur
starr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad
a lot of bugs! i dont know if i will buy one.....
starr974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:19 AM   #277
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolorciuk View Post
K1: That's weird. With every refresh of the screen it becomes lighter and lighter. Before the update the text was black, now it's grey. This makes it hard to read and to work with it. After returning to home screen or after powering off and on, the color returns to normal.
PB 603, firmware 2.1.3 (also 2.1.2)

Same issue.

I noticed it happens when there's a connection enabled, being it on wifi or 3G. Can anyone confirm this?
Closing of connections and powering off the device reinstate the correct refresh.
Because of the problem, Internet browsing or newsfeed reading becomes impossible.
It wasn't outstanding before, anyway
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #278
einpoklum
einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PocketBook 912
Confirming preempalver and Kolorciuk's report... PB 912, firmware 2.1.2 and 2.1.3. But this happens on my PB also when there's no connection available and the WiFi is off.
einpoklum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #279
baltus
baltus began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch 622
2 bugs of pocketbook touch 622

2 bugs:

-newsreader of pocketbook touch 622 crashes when offline.
I can not look at "last news" when I have no wifi
connection. But, when connected, even if the connection is not needed, already stored news are correctly displayed.

-landscape mode of web browser does not work.

Do you also experiment these bugs ?
baltus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #280
witter
witter began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook
bugs in 613; Firmware 2.1.3

I just bought a pocketbook 612 and after updating the firmware is encountered some problems:

bugs-problems
Updated to Firmware 2.1.3 for Pocketbook 612
After protecting configuration with password it wasn't possible anymore to access the configuration menu.
"Solution": installing Firmware 2.1.2 for Pocketbook 612 and there after reinstalling Firmware 2.1.3
Cannot disconnect pocketbook from PC in the usual manner;
(taskbar> Safely remove hardware> disconnect pocketbook. Error; Pocketbook still in use.
Disconnecting via Calibre possible, but this will not disconnect PB from PC.
I disconnect the PB by shutting it down and removing the lead from the pc.
This can lead to the next bug
  1. 3
Disconnecting the PB from the pc in the above mentioned way, leads to a sometimes totally blocked PB; no reaction on any key
Solution: hard reset
  1. 4
Sometimes the pocketbook is not recognized by the PC:
USB error code; usb root hub>unknown device. device is stopped because of error code 43.
PB was connected in reading mode to the pc, with page of book visible.
Solution; reconnecting
witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #281
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hello and welcome to MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by witter View Post
I just bought a pocketbook 612 and after updating the firmware is encountered some problems:

bugs-problems
Updated to Firmware 2.1.3 for Pocketbook 612
After protecting configuration with password it wasn't possible anymore to access the configuration menu.
"Solution": installing Firmware 2.1.2 for Pocketbook 612 and there after reinstalling Firmware 2.1.3
This is a known bug of current FW, hopefully corrected with next release

Quote:
Cannot disconnect pocketbook from PC in the usual manner;
(taskbar> Safely remove hardware> disconnect pocketbook. Error; Pocketbook still in use.
Disconnecting via Calibre possible, but this will not disconnect PB from PC.
I disconnect the PB by shutting it down and removing the lead from the pc.
This can lead to the next bug
never encountered this problem. Are you sure all tasks were completed, especially data-transfer?

Quote:
Disconnecting the PB from the pc in the above mentioned way, leads to a sometimes totally blocked PB; no reaction on any key
Solution: hard reset
This might also be caused by a not finished reconfig of the database. I encountered similar errors after transfer of many files on my 602 (100+)

Quote:
Sometimes the pocketbook is not recognized by the PC:
USB error code; usb root hub>unknown device. device is stopped because of error code 43.
PB was connected in reading mode to the pc, with page of book visible.
Solution; reconnecting
This is just shit happens. Make sure all applications are closed and WiFi is off, this reduces the occurrence of this bug
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #282
aleosochozi
aleosochozi began at the beginning.

Device: PB Touch
Hi all. I have successfully updated my PocketBook Touch to the newset firmware v4.0 two days ago. Then I chose "Format internal memory" from menu because my books were opened very slow. And then my reader doesn not work anymore. When I want to turn it on reader is showing startup logo, LED is on and nothing happens. Reader does not respond to touch and buttons except I can only long press Home button to open Task Manager. I have tried to re-install firmware but it didn't help. Is it known problem? What should I do to fix my reader?
aleosochozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #283
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleosochozi View Post
Hi all. I have successfully updated my PocketBook Touch to the newset firmware v4.0 two days ago. Then I chose "Format internal memory" from menu because my books were opened very slow. And then my reader doesn not work anymore. When I want to turn it on reader is showing startup logo, LED is on and nothing happens. Reader does not respond to touch and buttons except I can only long press Home button to open Task Manager. I have tried to re-install firmware but it didn't help. Is it known problem? What should I do to fix my reader?
hi, in this post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119973
it's said that cancel all the book could be nasty
try the solutions they gave
paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:21 AM   #284
aleosochozi
aleosochozi began at the beginning.

Device: PB Touch
Thanks but I didn't remove books. I'm pretty sure that "Format internal memory" option from reader's menu in the newest firmware v4.0 is broken and it removed some of system files.
Fortunatelly I have fixed my reader in different way. I programmed former firmware v3.2 and then v4.0 and then my reader starts working normally. Only books are opened still very slow.
aleosochozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:58 AM   #285
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleosochozi View Post
Thanks but I didn't remove books. I'm pretty sure that "Format internal memory" option from reader's menu in the newest firmware v4.0 is broken and it removed some of system files.
Fortunatelly I have fixed my reader in different way. I programmed former firmware v3.2 and then v4.0 and then my reader starts working normally. Only books are opened still very slow.

I too noteced a slower opening, but I owened for 3 days the touch so I could say it for sure. I noticed that with the new manual and I tought it was due to big imeges in it.
With epub & djvu it seems has the same speed
paolog is offline   Reply With Quote