Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
Emparawr
Emparawr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
How to stop putting ", The" at the end of titles and series in filenames

Hi all. First off I want to say in advance, thank you if you can help me with this because its really frustrating the hell out of me.

Now, my question is this. Whenever I use Save to Disk to save files into my personal archive if the title of the series or the book has The at the beginning it puts it a comma at the end of the title and moves the The to the end and I want it to stop. Sadly I have little to no experience with coding and I cannot figure out how to change this. As you can guess web searches have turned up diddly do to lack of really good search terms so Im hoping that someone here can help. I only just started using this program today and I'm really enjoying it but im also really picky about my files formatting. Hope to get some help.
Emparawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre defaults to 'Library order'
there is a Preferences: Tweak to change that.

I will leave you to the learning experience of reading the descriptions of the Various tweaks and their settings.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
Emparawr

I already found the Tweak "Set the list of words considered to be "articles" for sort strings' but I have no idea how to change it or what to change it to. Nothing I do prompts the apply button so im totally lost. I mean I found the tweaks all on my own but past that im going to need some actual help.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
Emparawr

ahhhhhh wow ok apparently the preferences window was too small to show the apply button at the BOTTOM of the screen. Well thats one problem solved ok and the option I was looking for is called Control formatting of title and series when used in templates. Well there we go. Problems solved. thanks for the clue.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Edit - Never mind.. You found it
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert