Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #436
Hartsock
Enthusiast
Hartsock began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
One annoyance I am seeing is not an Aura Hd problem. Two books purchased from Kobo show page numbers by chapter, not for the book. No idea why the books would be done this way. I don't care if there are 23 pages left in the chapter, I want to see pages reflecting where I am in the book.
Hartsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #437
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
One annoyance I am seeing is not an Aura Hd problem. Two books purchased from Kobo show page numbers by chapter, not for the book. No idea why the books would be done this way. I don't care if there are 23 pages left in the chapter, I want to see pages reflecting where I am in the book.
those are the kepub version. download (from kobo website) and sideload epubs (with ADE if DRMed) and you will have epub instead of kepub features. some people prefer kepubs, others prefer epubs, most prefer a combo...which doesn't exist.

btw, if you want to know how far along in the book you are, tap to get the menu and tap on the percentage read...it will show a graph showing the chapters and their comparable lengths. obviously, you still won't know how many pages exactly. oh and you will lose this feature if you use the epub version. but you will have pages per book. so you have to decide which is more important.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #438
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
The Kobo chargers supply 1 Amp or 2 Amp
http://www.kobo.com/accessories/kobo-charging-kit.html
http://www.kobo.com/accessories/charger.html

But neither of them say that they will work with the Aura although I think that they would.
Any USB charger will normally work with any device that charges via USB. The only restriction is that the charger must deliver more power than the device needs for basic operation if it's turned on while charging. If the device draws all the power that the charger can supply when it's turned on (or more), then the device must be turned off in order to charge the battery, and it will charge very slowly unless you get a charger with more power.

The 2-amp Kobo charger in the links above is more for the Vox/Arc tablets, which draw more power than the e-readers and have a bigger battery with a faster charge rate. The higher capacity doesn't benefit the Touch/Glo/Mini/Aura.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #439
rayhigh
Zealot
rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo (wife)
Nevermind
rayhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #440
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
I was never a fan of not knowing the page number etc, but now that I can see % read in the book, in combination with (approximate) time to finish a chapter and time to finish the book, I'm pretty pleased with the way the kepubs display this sort of thing. It is easy to answer the question I iften have about whether I should turn off the reader for the night, or read a bit more.

In fact, I now like this feature so much, that I convert all of my epubs to .kepub.epub using the extended driver.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #441
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
The only thing you can do at the moment is dismissing unwanted tiles (long press on a tile brings up the option to open or dismiss).

Sync tile can't be dismissed unless you change the entry in the database.
I can't find the post that describes how to do this....anyone?
Old 06-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #442
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
I can't find the post that describes how to do this....anyone?
This is the post where davidfor first mentioned it. There is a bit more detail in the next few posts.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #443
Uschiekid
Tenrec

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
This is the post where davidfor first mentioned it. There is a bit more detail in the next few posts.
Thanks!! I couldn't remember enough keywords to find it, but I knew it was in one of those massive threads where it's impossible to find anything
Old 06-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #444
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
So I finally ordered mine from Germany (M3) and recieved it yesterday. I'M IN LOVE! The screen is great as well as the responce time. One of my big worries was that the wavy back would make it harder to hold at the short end but the ways sit snuggly under your fingers there as well. What really confused me though was the way they've compleatly changed how you delete books but I think I have it figured now.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:13 AM   #445
Jeff1192
Connoisseur
Jeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo touch
Received my Aura yesterday as an early Father's Day present (I'm working today so Father's Day was last night in our house). I absolutely love it. It is replacing my touch...mostly because I was sick and tired of always using a clip on light. The screen quality and light are incredible. I loved my Touch but this thing is incredible!
Jeff1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #446
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Is anyone else seeing a similar accelerated battery discharge level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Can anybody say how much energy their Aura loses overnight when powered off (or sleeping)?

It seems that my Aura loses about 5% when sitting unused (wether powered off or sleeping) overnight. At that rate, it would be empty in 20 days without being used.

I can't imagine that this is normal...
When I last read on my Aura (Friday evening, 14 June), my battery level was at 75%. I opened the sleep cover today for the first time since last read, and my battery level was down to 63%. WiFi was off, and so was the light; using FW 2.6.1. Is anyone else seeing a similar accelerated battery discharge level?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #447
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
When I last read on my Aura (Friday evening, 14 June), my battery level was at 75%. I opened the sleep cover today for the first time since last read, and my battery level was down to 63%. WiFi was off, and so was the light; using FW 2.6.1. Is anyone else seeing a similar accelerated battery discharge level?
Don't know. Just charged mine, will try and remember to check tomorrow.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #448
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I bought my Aura a week ago. There are 4 small light-leak spots, so I do think that I will be exchanging it. Other than that I am very happy with the device - the screen is beautiful, I love the freedom to adjust fonts any way I like, and the lighting is (other than my pin-sized leaks, which to be honest I could live with if for some reason I couldn't return the device) even and really makes the screen look like a printed page. I can read in bed without worrying about bothering my husband or baby now!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #449
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Aura HD what do you think of it?

Was not for this thread

Last edited by jackastor; 07-04-2013 at 03:51 AM. Reason: was not for this thread
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #450
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Jack; just curious as to why you can't add this to one of the existing threads on the Aura?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote