Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #61
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I read the series. I vividly recall waiting seemingly forever for him to publish "East of the Sun and West of the Moon." Did you want us to spoil some of the plot for you? Get ready for some Hammer time, ugh/lol.

Can't speak to the Legend of Aldenata series. Haven't touched them yet.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #62
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I love that waiting with bated breath for the next volume in the series, except when I need to pay over inflated prices for the volume that I am awaiting on. I haev firm limits on what I am willing to pay for a book and refuse to go over that limit for any reason. This iss one of the reasons that I am contemplating reading some of John Ringos later series. I hear that he is still working on Special Circumstances and I believe that he is done iwth Troy Rising. I would be interested to know if John ringo is still working on any series except Special Circumstances. I belive that John ringo has recently signed a contract for additional Empire of Man books. Does any one know which series John Ringo is working on and if he has recently signed a contract for more of the Empire of Man?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #63
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
If you're a fan I suggest hanging out at his blog & forum (see http://www.johnringo.net/RingosTavern.aspx ). You might even influence his future work. While you say he is done with Troy Rising he said himself --

"There will be another book. There's a problem. The Ragnarok at the end of the book was unplanned in the metaarc. So I'm sort of stuck on what to do next. Expansion.

Whlle I was writing Hot Gate (and mentally knowing that lots of people were going to get sick of cultural commentary) I realized that the initial planned ending, Therm entering E Eridani and wiping Rangora ass, was wrong. Two reasons. One being dramatic: Battleglobe turns up and wins the day. Booooring. Been there done that. Two 'functional realistic': The Horvath might understimate humans over and over again but the Rangora were, by then, going to wake up and smell the skul. So they were going to send more forces. When I 'played out' the ending, it ended up with the Ragnarok of destruction. Problem: That would mean the next book would be about rebuilding the space fleet. Which would be more of a WEB Griffin type military soap opera and I'm not really adept at those.

So I'm stuck. Basically, I don't knwo what to write. And, yes, I've had plenty of suggetions. Still noodling it. "
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #64
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
There is a new Paladin of Shadows book, Tiger by the Tail due out January of 2013.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #65
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Not "Tigress, rise your tail" - how astonishing.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #66
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
LOL!

That's probably the sub-title, given the last book in that series.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #67
BaenSidhe
Groupie
BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500 and PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I would be interested to know if John ringo is still working on any series except Special Circumstances. I belive that John ringo has recently signed a contract for additional Empire of Man books. Does any one know which series John Ringo is working on and if he has recently signed a contract for more of the Empire of Man?
Weber and Ringo have had a seven book contract for the Empire of Man series for over six years now. The main problem has been Weber having no time to write the outline so that Ringo can start writing the book. Another problem is that they wrote themselves into a corner in We Few, so they were thinking of going back in time to write about Miranda McClintock. However, John has recently said that they've figured their way out of the corner and will be writing sequels after all. Probably at least two sequels, anyway. The seventh book might be about Miranda, it might not. Maybe they'll sign another contract so they can write Miranda's story well.

Ringo won't start writing the next Empire of Man book until next year, so at least two years before it comes out.
BaenSidhe is offline   Reply With Quote