Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
baker706
baker706 began at the beginning.

Device: Literati, Nook Color
Car Charger Adapter

I picked up a car charger at a Barnes&Noble store and paid $24.99 for it. When I opened it, I found it contained an adapter plus 2 cords ....one for Nook Color, and one for Nook(which I don't have). I then see on Ebay an adapter only for a fraction of what I paid. I already have a cord and don't need another one. Will the Nook Color cord work ok to use with a universal adapter for the car?
baker706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
The charger that comes with the nook color isn't standard USB. It provides more juice than the USB spec allows for, to charge the lithium ion battery faster. It will charge on a standard USB charger (though it may not look like it is), but much slower.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 07:03 AM   #3
baker706
baker706 began at the beginning.

Device: Literati, Nook Color
Thanks for that info. I wish B&N would offer just the adapter instead of including 2 cords. All I have is the Nook Color I'm sure that other cord insn't included for free.
baker706 is offline   Reply With Quote