Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 02:04 AM   #1
Paul Levine
Connoisseur
Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
C'mon Down to Santa Fe for "Left Coast Crime"

Attention Readers & Writers: "Left Coast Crime" still has a few spots open for next week's festivities in Santa Fe, New Mexico. C'mon down!

Martin Cruz Smith ("Gorky Park") will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award, and hundreds of your favorite suspense, mystery and thriller writers will be on hand.

I'll be on a panel with other authors of legal thrillers, and I promise there will be margaritas flowing in the hotel bar.

Did I mention the conference is in Santa Fe? Yes, I did. What a spectacular place of art galleries, boutiques, southwestern dining, and spectacular vistas.

Who could ask for more? I'm just back from "Sleuthfest" in Florida, and I gotta tell you...these are my two favorite events of the year.

Paul Levine
Paul Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
*whine* anything going on there in July?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I wish...sigh..
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
Paul Levine
Connoisseur
Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

David Morrell: "Route 66: How a TV Show Made Me a Writer"

Here's one talk I don't want to miss at Left Coast Crime.

David Morrell, author of "First Blood," which introduced Rambo, will discuss "Route 66 in Santa Fe: How a TV Show Made Me a Writer."

Hopefully, there will be others in attendance of my generation, i.e., people old enough to remember "Route 66," the television program, or at least the Nelson Riddle theme music.

Paul Levine
Paul Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Levine View Post
Hopefully, there will be others in attendance of my generation, i.e., people old enough to remember "Route 66," the television program, or at least the Nelson Riddle theme music.

Paul Levine
Great show and song. They sure had some great theme songs back in the 50's and 60's.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 03:28 PM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Levine View Post
Here's one talk I don't want to miss at Left Coast Crime.

David Morrell, author of "First Blood," which introduced Rambo, will discuss "Route 66 in Santa Fe: How a TV Show Made Me a Writer."

Paul Levine
my Grandfather was one of the bigwigs in the New Mexico Department of Highways way back when. he was in charge of supervising much of the construction of Highway 66. he and my Grandmother met on the project. her father had mule teams (this was in the 1920s) that hauled in rock for the projects. she would drive the teams in the summer during her break from college and that is how they met. my father was born in one of the long term camps that supported the construction. Route 66 has always been an integral part of my family history
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
JoelArnold
Fanatic
JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Wish I could go. Hopefully one of these years!
JoelArnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
L.J. Sellers
Novelist
L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll be there! I'm looking forward to seeing Santa Fe for the first time. You can find me on two panels:

Friday: 1:30-2:15, Publishing Today & Tomorrow (aka, e-books!)
Saturday: 9-9:45, Research, Getting It Right

Would love to meet new readers at the conference.
L.J.
L.J. Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
left coast crime, martin cruz smith, paul levine