Notices

View Poll Results: Does Sync Work For You
Yes 24 66.67%
No 5 13.89%
Don't Use 7 19.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2014, 04:25 AM   #1
montymaverick
montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S
Unhappy Moon Reader + (Pro) Sync across Devices

I have 2 devices: A Sony Xperia Tablet & a Samsung S4 Mini.

I have activated both dropbox & google drive to my files & connected them & backed up to both dropbox & google drive.

I've backed up both devices to dropbox & google to ensure that they work.

When I set up my tablet in January & read books, it uploaded the files to dropbox, but now it doesn't anymore. And, worse, the Mini doesn't recognize books that have been/are being read & doesn't sync books itself.

I'm starting to get frustrated with the sync function, which is the main reason that i choose Moon Reader.
montymaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
It works OK for me but I've noticed that it doesn't sync to the most recent page that you read, only to the furthest page. So when I browsed through a book to the end (looking at the maps and stuff) it never synced again while I was reading it except to the last page in the book.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It works OK for me but I've noticed that it doesn't sync to the most recent page that you read, only to the furthest page. So when I browsed through a book to the end (looking at the maps and stuff) it never synced again while I was reading it except to the last page in the book.
If that happens, you can always go into your Dropbox folder and delete the book mark for that title. Then it will create a new book mark that has the proper page next time you're in Moon+. In my Dropbox the Moon+ book marks are in "Apps\Books\.Moon+\Cache". The book marks have a ".po" extension. Don't delete the ".an" file; that's your annotations (hightlights, notes, etc).

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 02-21-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #4
montymaverick
montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S
Step-by-Step Guide?

I'm ready to reinstall on both devices...

Can someone post a step by step of what to do to activate sync?

Maybe I'm missing something.
montymaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:26 PM   #5
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
There is a step-by-step walk through here:
http://www.techlife.net/2014/03/sync...-devices.html/
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #6
djeff71
djeff71 began at the beginning.

Device: Android app
I use it on my galaxy tabs (2) a sony tab and an S4. I found that synching via google was spotty but dropbox works everytime. Currently I store my books on google and just use dropbox for sync.
djeff71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:50 AM   #7
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy S7, Kobo Aura
I had to mess around with it for ages before I got it to work

it drove me nuts

it still doesn't actually sync the books per se, only the reading progress

I have to manually open the book from dropbox on the 2nd device to make it work

Aldiko's sync worked much much better until they broke it completely
Tikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:55 AM   #8
rainbowgoblin
rainbowgoblin began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
I just got a new phone that I'm reluctant to root, so I've decided to migrate from Aldiko to Moon+ Reader entirely for the sync feature. What a disappointment! I want to say "why haven't they fixed this yet?" but I guess the answer is too many different hardware and software configurations.

New phone is a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, running Android 5.0.2. Other device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Both devices seem to read and write bookmarks, but the tablet doesn't seem to either upload or download book files (I've tried PDF, epub, and mobi formats). The phone seems to upload books, not sure if it downloads.

The odd thing is that I think book upload and download worked on both devices when I first tried it, very late at night, which is why I didn't just get a refund. Then it stopped working on the tablet in the morning.
rainbowgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:23 PM   #9
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy S7, Kobo Aura
yeah like I said, if I grab the book with one device, it syncs it to dropbox np, but I have to manually open it from dropbox on the other device. it syncs reading progress np from either, but the actual book sync has only ever worked once

overall, knowing the process, I'm ok with it, but I would go back to Aldiko and Aldiko sync in a heartbeat if they get working like back in 2.1
Tikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:50 PM   #10
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
I found it (syncing) to be finicky at first but then discovered that if, when I'm done reading on one device, i close out of moon+ totally, then the other device offers the latest reading location when I open the book in moon+ there. I don't recall if that behavior, closing the app, is listed as required in the manual but it seems to have solved the issue for me handily.

I'm also very happy with the dropbox part of the story, as it keeps me from having to load the same set of books from calibre to both devices... now if I start a new book I can just go to dropbox and get it if/when I want to start reading that book on my tablet. other than that first time, I never have to look at dropbox.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote