Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Question Kobo Touch "My Collections" Problem

Hello:

I am having a problem that I have not had before (I think before version 3.0): I have used the "Tag" field in Calibre to ensure that titles with different tags went into different "Libraries"; in fact the original "Libraries" I created earlier are still there. However, now when I transfer a title to the Kobo, they are not categorized by "Tag".

Am I doing something wrong, do I need to do things differently now that Kobo Touch uses "Collections", or am I simply out of luck?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sparky

Edit: Made change in plug-in and problem solved!

Last edited by TheArtfulDodger; 12-20-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Problem Solved!
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
Pantyboy
Pantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Touch
I'm having a similar problem and wondered what did you change and which plugin?
Pantyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Smile Plug-In Solution To "No Collections"

Hello:

I have the following three Kobo Plug-ins - I dare not remove one for fear of screwing everything up - they are:

1. Kobo Reader Device Interface, version 2.1.6
2. KoboTouch, version 2.1.6
3. KoboTouchExtended, version 2.2.1.4

My solution involved the latter - 2.2.1.4 - If, in Calibre, you select Preferences | Plugins | Device Interface Plugins, about a mile down you will/may find the three plugins I refer to. If you don't have the 2.2.1.4, you should install it. [As an aside, if the above plug-ins have similar "checks" you should probably check them as well!]

Once you select it, click on "Customize Plugin". I have uploaded a shot of the plugin and highlighted the part that you should check.

That's it. Once I did that, a "collection" was created for each of the items I transferred to the Kobo - I don't think it will do it for titles already there, at least I didn't try that - I simply loaded them again!

Good luck - let us know if it works.

Sparky
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo Extended Plugin - Highlighted.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	117365  
Old 12-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Two of the plugins come standard with calibre; KoboTouch (2.1.6) and Kobo Reader Device Interface (2.1.6). The KoboTouch driver is the native support for newer model Kobo's. Touch / Mini / Glo / Aura HD / Aura, while the Kobo Reader Device Interface supported the older Kobo and Kobo WiFi devices.

The KoboTouchExtended plugin is an add-on that provides support for converting books on the fly from standard ePub to Kobo ePub format

Only one of the KoboTocuhExtended and KoboTouch drivers should be enabled within calibre.

Be sure to configure the options in the driver you ARE using. The simplest way to do that is with the device attached to your PC and calibre having recognized the device select the little arrow besides the Device button on the top of the calibre screen, and pick the "Configure this device" option.

As long as Metadata Management is set to Automatic in Preferences | Sending Books to devices, then any changes in collections in calibre will be reflected on the device the next time it is connected.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot

Hello, Peter:

I am somewhat confused by your note: You say "Only one of the KoboTocuhExtended and KoboTouch drivers should be enabled within calibre." So, which do you mean? Either "KTE OR KTD" or both "KTE AND KTD"? Please make it simple and tell me which of my 1, 2, 3, list I should have and which I should remove.

Thanks in advance.

Sparky
Old 12-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As I said... Only one of the KoboTouchExtended and KoboTouch drivers should be enabled within calibre.

They can BOTH be installed but only ONE enabled.

It is YOUR choice as to whether you want to read books from calibre in EPUB or KEPUB format.

If you DON'T care at all about reading YOUR books in KEPUB format don't even install the KoboTouchExtended driver; just stick to the default KoboTouch driver,.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:13 AM   #7
Pantyboy
Pantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks for the post Dodger but I was already doing that as I followed the instructions given here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184.

My problem came after I upgraded my Kobo Touch firmware to version 3.0.1 through the Kobo desktop.

As I use the portable version of Calibre, it was easy to do a couple of experiments such as removing calibre, and the books on my eReader, resetting my Kobo to factory settings, etc.

The upshot of it all is that it's now working perfectly. I don't have the KoboTouchExtended plugin installed but I have disabled the Kobo Reader Device Interface (2.16) by Timothy Legge and David Forrester plugin but left the KoboTouch (2.16) by David Forrester (which, incidentally, supports kepub files).
Pantyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, kobo, libraries, tags, touch