Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
readyread
readyread began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Pagenumbers

Hello,

I converted several html-files into epub-format with calibre for my Sony PRS 505 device.

There are 2 problems:

* In some epub-files I can see the first image (bookcover) in the preview but not on the device.

* It would be nice if the real pagenumber (depending on the chosen fontsize) would be displayed on the device. I always get pagenumbers like "174-175 of 455".

Thanks for advices in advance!

Nice greetings
readyread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:57 AM   #2
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyread View Post
* It would be nice if the real pagenumber (depending on the chosen fontsize) would be displayed on the device. I always get pagenumbers like "174-175 of 455".
That's up to device to render page numbers. Epub generator has no influence over it.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyread View Post
* In some epub-files I can see the first image (bookcover) in the preview but not on the device.
If you mean at the bottom of the calibre window where it has the cover and some information about the book, that cover is not necessarily part of the book files themselves. calibre stores a separate image for the cover. This way covers can be displayed for formats that do not support them.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote