Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 02:25 AM   #1
anniebh
Annie
anniebh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Hello from Hong Kong

Hello Everyone,

After reading a lot of forums, I decided to buy a Sony PRS 505 - seems better than the 600.

All the info here is great and I'm looking forward to getting my reader and learning from you guys!
anniebh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:34 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Welcome aboard anniebh! Can't go wrong with a 505! It is a fantastic reader.

Learn from us and teach us. And enjoy the cheeze dip in the lounge.

Hope to hear more from you!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 04:38 AM   #3
chinesealbumart
Enthusiast
chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

welcome ! I love Hong Kong !
chinesealbumart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:43 AM   #4
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Welcome Annibh!!

I think you've made a great choice... Enjoy your reader and ask a lot of questions...the Sony 505 is an almost revered item here..
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Annie, welcome to MR!

Tell us more about Hong Kong!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #7
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	smilies.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	33719 anniebh, and welcome to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi anniebh and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a 505 for over a year and a half and really like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Annie!

I think the 505 was a great choice. I am sure you will love it. Be sure and check out all the free ebooks you can download from right here at MR when you finally do get your reader. Enjoy.

Happy Reading.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #10
anniebh
Annie
anniebh began at the beginning.

thanks for the welcome.

have to admit i am feeling a bit scared as well as excited to get the reader. i quite challenged when it comes to electronic gadgets ...but i LOVE to read.

unfortunately houses/apartments are quite small in hong kong and we dont have enough space to store books...ie. hubby not impressed i have taken over the few book shelves we have.

i am very surprised that sony does not and does not intend to sell their readers in hk.....
anniebh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:25 AM   #11
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebh View Post
i am very surprised that sony does not and does not intend to sell their readers in hk.....
Or in Japan. It's a shame

Welcome to MR ^_^
Dedale is offline   Reply With Quote