Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #16
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
As we all talk to ourselves, it does also make sense to talk to your PC - no swearing though, tutting or sighing !!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #17
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
As we all talk to ourselves, it does also make sense to talk to your PC - no swearing though, tutting or sighing !!!
I'm very interested in trying this out for one of my pen-names to see what happens. A couple of interesting nights ahead I think
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #18
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please let us see the un-edited results .... lol ...
Old 03-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #19
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Tim has been using it for a few months, ALWAYS with the MP3's playing LOUDLY on his computer, me walking in and yelling at him to turn down that racket, etc. It never picks up any of that.

He uses a headset with mic and earphones, so maybe his close proximity to the mic is why it doesn't pick up outside sounds?

I'm thinking of putting it on my laptop. It has the built-in mic, so that may be less likely to filter out noise. It's all a grand experiment.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #20
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Tim has been using it for a few months, ALWAYS with the MP3's playing LOUDLY on his computer, me walking in and yelling at him to turn down that racket, etc. It never picks up any of that.

He uses a headset with mic and earphones, so maybe his close proximity to the mic is why it doesn't pick up outside sounds?

I'm thinking of putting it on my laptop. It has the built-in mic, so that may be less likely to filter out noise. It's all a grand experiment.
It was tried for me when I was at work, but it kept picking up too much extraneous sound ... mind you it was only a trial to see if it could help me ! needless to say it couldn't ....
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I hope nobody here wants to be Ernest.

But if for some reason someone wants to be Ernest, we can make a new movie.

Ernest buys an electronic eBook reader
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #22
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I hope nobody here wants to be Ernest.

But if for some reason someone wants to be Ernest, we can make a new movie.

AH! - but which one would he buy !?
Old 03-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #23
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
I hope ...

Hey Vern!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
It would make sense from a marketing perspective if Bob writes only cyber punk splatterhouse type books and then suddenly says hey now i want to write romance

Bob's readership would only pick up his latest work and then the nerd rage would begin. Now if Bob says his name is now Mary, no one would know any different - readerships can remain their loyal fan base without worrying about author A jumping the shark or becoming author B or selling out or any of the other fun and exciting things kids on the internet think of these days =)

Moe - I say go for it if you want to try and sell something, why not - i mean whats the worst thing that could happen
Nora Roberts writes romance. But she also has her In Death series which she writes as J. D. Robb. We do know it's Nora who writes it. And that's fine. That's actually a good thing. It means if you get a Nora Roberts book, you'll get romance and if you get J. D. Robb, you'll get murder mysteries with a little romance tossed in.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
>BRAAP!< Oh, sorry! Try again!
How about Jordan Stevens?
Old 03-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
AH! - but which one would he buy !?
Probably a Gen3 so the screen can mysteriously break and he can go on all kinds of wild adventures trying to contact someone at Bookeen to get it fixed and then when they tell him he broke it and has to pay, he'll have more wacky adventures trying to get Bookeen to fess up that it's a flaw in the Gen3 and not his fault.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #27
GeoffC

Quote:
Probably a Gen3 so the screen can mysteriously break and he can go on all kinds of wild adventures trying to contact someone at Bookeen to get it fixed and then when they tell him he broke it and has to pay, he'll have more wacky adventures trying to get Bookeen to fess up that it's a flaw in the Gen3 and not his fault.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Hey Vern!
Ernest: Hey Vern! Which reader should I get?
Vern: Why not ask HarryT over there?
Ernest: Hey HarryT! Which reader should I get?
HarryT: Get a Bookeen Cybook Gen3. It will display Mobipocket eBook the best.
Ernest: Oky doky!

3 weeks later....

Ernest: Gosh darn the screen just broke! Now I'll have to contact Bookeen to let them know so I can get an RMA number to send it in so they can fix it under warranty.

3 more weeks....

Ernest: Bookeen has not gotten back to me about the broken Gen3. I'll have to have some wild wacky adventures trying to get someone to respond to my emails.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #29
GeoffC

now, boys and girls, the moral here, is not to trust anybody with a RED sony !!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #30
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Well I just tried out Macspeech Dictate It's so awful I can't even begin to tell you. I can type at 70-100wpm, using this software I might get 5wmp (and three of them wrong).
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote