Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-22-2015, 01:30 AM   #1
e-ghost
e-ghost began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXF
If 3G not broken, can use PC to share internet to get DXG back on Kindle Store?

As title. Well from my another thread, I found out that the DXG that I just got in used market has no 3G module in it.

To get it connect to internet, I added usbNetwork in DXG, add default routing, enable ICS on Win7 and now DXG can ssh/ping out to internet. But when I select "Go to Kindle Store" or "Experimental Browser", the UI will prompt me for "do you wish to enable wifi by now". If I say no, it will discard my action. If I say yes, since my 3G was broken, I will only wait and timeout. The DXG was actually already online, just it doesn't know. Is there anyway that can bypass the "enable wifi prompt"? Or how to inform the system that it is already online?

Thanks a lot!
e-ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:27 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Try putting the:
WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE
flag file in the top of USB storage (alongside the /documents directory).
The above spelling, capitalization, no extension, no contents.

I honestly don't recall if anyone ever tried that on a DXG, so it might not be recognized.

Also -
Is your DXG registered to your Amazon Account?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2015, 10:36 AM   #3
e-ghost
e-ghost began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXF
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Is your DXG registered to your Amazon Account?
No, I reset to factory default when I first received my DXG as I saw it was registered to someone before. But since its' 3G was out of service, so I don't have chance to register this DXG with my Amazon account yet. That's why I want to enable USB-tethering to let me register my DXG with my Amazon account....
e-ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:26 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-ghost View Post
No, I reset to factory default when I first received my DXG as I saw it was registered to someone before. But since its' 3G was out of service, so I don't have chance to register this DXG with my Amazon account yet. That's why I want to enable USB-tethering to let me register my DXG with my Amazon account....
You should be able to go to the "manage devices" page of your Amazon account and manually enter the serial number.

You may need Amazon Customer Service help in getting it de-registered from its prior owner (re-set to factory defaults doesn't do that, its an item in the Amazon database).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote