Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Kaitatsu
Kaitatsu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Creating a Book for each Article / replacing old books of the same source

I'm thinking of creating a custom download process for various fanfiction sites using the recipe system for fetching the sites.

My Idea is to generate a Newsfeed containing all books which have to be updated.
Then, using the recipe system, each Book (the "Article") is downloaded.

When looking through the API and some examples, however, i found some issues with my plan.

The existent News-Fetch recipes create a single book for all downloaded contend, not separating by Article.
Is there a Flag or option to create a book for each single Article, or another way to accomplish similar behavior?

Also, it seems a new Book will be generated each time i Fetch the content. I guess you could just delete the old book in a few lines of code, but maybe there is some other way, using recipes directly.

The Workflow which i thought of would be as following:

* Create a List of Stories you want to keep track of (using a Plugin/external program)
* Create Recipes for downloading Stories for each Fanfiction site using Feeds as source of Links (This makes adding support for new sites rather easy)
* When starting a Fetch process for a single site, the external program filters all stories for the site, checks if there are updates and creates a RSS Feed containing only Stories for the specific Download site which have new Updates
* The Downloaded stories replace the existing ones, so that only one version with the latest updates is remaining.

Using the automatic scheduler for each site allows to automatically update all Stories.
Kaitatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no way for a single recipe to yield more than one book. You can use the automatic expiry function to have previous recipe downloads deleted after a set number of days.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
fanfiction, recipe