Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
hryukin
hryukin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Calgary Public Library ePubs on Kobo

I wonder if that's only me or some other people had same issue...

I got epub from Calgary Public Library, it works fine in Adobe Digital Editions and I have my Kobo authorized, etc, but I am getting content locked message when opening book.

Kobo support is quite useless, it's been 2 weeks and I am still waiting for them to answer, so my library book will expire sooner than they bother to look at this

Anyone can share tips on this?
hryukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
LeahWarner
LeahWarner began at the beginning.

I have had this same problem with library books and found a thread on here that solved the problem...it is a pain, but at least it worked and I could read my books:

Uninstall ADE.

Reinstall ADE.

Factory Reset Kobo.

Download my library book to ADE.

Plug Kobo into computer.

ADE will automatically detected Kobo and reauthorize.

Sync to Kobo.

Book should open! (this info was copied from a previous post by ottawabound)

Hope that this helps! It worked for me.
LeahWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
zero10
zero10 began at the beginning.

I had quite the opposite luck. I got the books to show in ADE, got my Kobo to authorize but every time I copied them it failed. So, I ended up copying the epub files directly onto the Kobo and they all work perfectly.

ADE is a horribly painful and broken piece of software, best of luck getting this working for you.
zero10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
You might try just deauthorizing the Kobo and reauthorizing it first. See the Kobo FAQ on the MR wiki: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_eReader
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
LeahWarner
LeahWarner began at the beginning.

But be careful of how many times your deauthorize and reauthorize - ADE will eventually tell you that you have had too many authorizations and lock you out.
LeahWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Once I figured out where to ask for it to be reset (https://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions click on "submit a web case") , Adobe did it within 24 hours. I had been working with Kobo on an issue and authorized/de-authorized over and over again.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:20 AM   #7
hryukin
hryukin began at the beginning.

Thanks for all replies!
I tried to re-authorize my device as Kobo support team advised, but that was not changing anything. So, I reset to factory settings (thanks LeahWarner), also installed ADE on different computer (to make sure no traces from previous one left ) and re-authorized Kobo. It works now! Thanks a lot one more time!
hryukin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ade, epub, kobo, library, locked