Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Some details of what is on the new Firmware Upgrade

Dear all:

The next firmware upgrade has a lot on it. Two of the changes really stand out:

1. A new version of FB2 and a new version of Coolreader!

2. Far better support for .LIT files. Many of you have asked for this and the factory has responded! Let us wait until we see how good it is before anyone thanks me or them. They tell me the speed and the way it works are much better.

More info when I have it. I expect this Firmware Upgrade next week.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Robert,
I wish we Sony owners had somebody like you here!
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, Pablo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Robert,
Dear Pablo:

Thank you for the kind words!! I try hard to please... but I do not make everyone happy. I just really try hard; and I know how end users feel when they have a problem or want to improve the device with upgrades.

Words like yours make me happy that I am at least here to assist and to try to solve problems and to make our devices better.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Robert,
I don't.

Now Sony owners have somewhere else to go for personalized customer service

theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #5
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Look forward to trying out the new LIT support!

Any chance more more zoom options with DOC format?
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 11:48 PM   #6
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Look forward to trying out the new LIT support!

Any chance more more zoom options with DOC format?
Yes I am looking forward to the LIT as well. If this keeps up, I may run out of things to complain about.

Then whatever shall I do? *Blink*

Agree with yew regarding DOC files. I loaded one when I first saw your posts about it and yew are SO right!
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:37 AM   #7
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Thanks for the info, Robert!

Do you know yet if the upgrade is just for the Pocket Pro, or is one coming for the 6" reader also?
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:35 AM   #8
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
Agree with yew regarding DOC files. I loaded one when I first saw your posts about it and yew are SO right!
Yup and I have a LOT of doc format files so I'd love to be able to have more options with zoom for these. Just one more level up would do it I think. At least for me.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #9
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
What will these updates result in an improvement in?

I mainly read PDFs and ADE files, will either of these be effected?

Will the bugs from the last update be resolved?

When will it be possible to delete items on the device?

I'm happy enough with the current firmware I have, I'd not like to damage my experience if I can avoid it.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #10
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
[quote=omro;812504]What will these updates result in an improvement in?

I'm happy enough with the current firmware I have, I'd not like to damage my experience if I can avoid it.[/quote]

Be sure to save the previous upgrade (that you like) in a separate folder than the new one. That way you can go back if you don't like the features of the new one.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #11
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

not sure I kept the original file
Old 03-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #12
Robertb

Trying to find that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Thanks for the info, Robert!

Do you know yet if the upgrade is just for the Pocket Pro, or is one coming for the 6" reader also?
Dear KarenH:

I will ask. I do not know if the upgrade affects both sizes or just the Pocket PRO.

I assume it is both!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #13
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
I'm glad to hear the better support for .lit files. That was the bigest reason I bought the pocket pro over any other reader. I have a ton of .lit files from when I used my Jornada as a reader.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:39 PM   #14
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
What will these updates result in an improvement in?

I'm happy enough with the current firmware I have, I'd not like to damage my experience if I can avoid it.
I'm with you.

I love my PPEZ and want to keep doing so.

Edit: good point on saving the previous fw. Btw, if you don't have it saved, go get it now and save it. Also btw, (probably doesn't need to be said, but just in case) since the pp looks for the same file name every time, be sure and either change the "old" fw name, or put it in its own folder on your computer.

Last edited by eGeezer; 03-02-2010 at 11:42 PM.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #15
omro
Addict

The one on the website is the most recent update. I am still using the one before, as people had mentioned the device being a little slower for certain things with this update.