Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 01:06 AM   #16
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMarshall View Post
Peter,
Sorry for the delay. On connecting the reader I get a window F:/ in it are 4 folders. Adobe, .Kobo, Desktop installers and Adams, Douglas (the book I'm trying to see on the library).

There are 2 Word files, Kobo e-reader.epub and Douglas adams.epub

And 2 calibre files, Drive info and Metadata both .calibre

Clicking around the drive I see .kepub which has (I guess) the supplied classics but they have no file extension just an impossible alpha/numeric description.

It seems I have got a book from disc through Calibre and onto the reader but not in either the right place or format to show up in the library. I'm at my wits end with this, thank you for your patience.

Barry
When you say "2 Word files, Kobo e-reader.epub and Douglas adams.epub", do you mean 4 files or the 2 'Word' files ARE Kobo e-reader.epub and Douglas adams.epub? If the former, try removing the 'Word' files and see if the KT will recognize your 2 epubs, if the latter it may be possible that though they have a .epub extension, they may not actually be Epub files or just corrupted somehow.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:27 AM   #17
BarryMarshall
BarryMarshall began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647B
Peter, Peter, Peter....

Solved the problem! I uninstalled Kobo desktop and reinstalled it. Re set the reader from advanced settings.

As a test I loaded a free book from Kobo library whch showed up in 'I'm Reading' then I tried one from the list I have in Calibre. It showed up in 'I'm reading' but the previous one was gone - It had migrated to 'Books'. I haven't worked out the protocol yet of what makes them move but I don't really care... I can load book and read again!!!

Thank you for your time and patience. Barry
BarryMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #18
BarryMarshall
BarryMarshall began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647B
Peter,

I posted a reply yesterday which seems to have been mislaid.

The upshot is that I reset and re-installed everything I have and it all works perfectly now. The sweat is not wasted as I now know more than I thought I'd ever need.

The books show up in 'I'm reading' then when more come in they transfer to 'Books'. It seems a bit weird but I'm not complaining.

Many thanks for your help and patience. Barry
BarryMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo library transfer, lost library transfer