Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #76
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
And why is it it's always a sock of a favorite pair not an old junky pair.
They "feel" the love, and want to share.

Again sorry for the kink in the subject line.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #77
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
I hold my e-reader in my left hand when eating with my right.

That also works on other occasions that might even be harder to accomplish single-handed, but I am not going into detail here.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #78
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Martini View Post
Every time I buy a Kindle for myself or someone else, I always include these wire stands - two for $5!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=appmatic-20
That's pretty much what I use for my Kindle Keyboard. I have one that I keep at home for when I'm not reading (as a place to rest my reader) and I carry the other with me when I go out so I have something to rest my reader on so that I don't have to hold it all the time.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #79
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
I just ordered one of these:

http://coylscustomcreations.com/

Similar to the Book Beanie, but I liked the fact that I could customize the fabric and embroidery.
I just ordered a size 2 with this fabric:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Large_EC-443.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	94550
(Click to enlarge)

Funny thing, though—the site said my order had been placed, but there was no expected redirect to PayPal. Hmmm...

I hope it's as flexible as the Book Beanie.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #80
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
...Funny thing, though—the site said my order had been placed, but there was no expected redirect to PayPal. Hmmm...
No worries. The invoice arrived via email.

I really do hope it's as flexible as the Book Beanie, though. You can shape that sucker into pretty much anything the situation demands. I just like the idea that Coyl's Custom Creations don't have eyes. I hate being stared at while I'm reading, even if it's by something as cute as a Book Beanie.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #81
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
While our dining room table is seldom used for actual dining, I don't generally read while eating. I do, however, read while knitting, and for that I use one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/3feet-Stand-iP...t+stand+purple

They are a little more expensive than some of the other gadgets mentioned, but I like the little rubber bumpers that limit how much it can/will slide, it folds to fit in my bag or purse, and it comes in purple. (It comes in other colors, too, but purple is really the only one that matters.)
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #82
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineNH View Post
While our dining room table is seldom used for actual dining, I don't generally read while eating. I do, however, read while knitting, and for that I use one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/3feet-Stand-iP...t+stand+purple

They are a little more expensive than some of the other gadgets mentioned, but I like the little rubber bumpers that limit how much it can/will slide, it folds to fit in my bag or purse, and it comes in purple. (It comes in other colors, too, but purple is really the only one that matters.)
Nice.. I think I may get one.. but not Purple.. but Purple is nice..
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #83
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
Nice.. I think I may get one.. but not Purple.. but Purple is nice..
Doug
I own a black one. I love it. It holds my phone or Kindle Fire. If I use it with a Kindle I put a empty slim jewel case behind it to keep from sliding back when I push a button. I want a book Beanie for reading in bed.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:45 AM   #84
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Dude, while eating I eat, I don't read. And if I did, my fingers would be dirty with whatever food, marmalade, eggs, cheese slices I'd be having for breakfast and believe me I'd rather shoot myself than touch my reader screen with my fingers then, to turn pages I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
How do you read your e-Reader at the eating table..ie Breakfast etc.. how do you prop-it up without holding it.. ?? what do you use and recommend? thanks in advance..
Doug
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #85
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
I just got mine and am very happy with it. (I also didn't like the eyes on the Book Beanie.) I would say it basically keeps its shape, but I push down on the bottom center and make a sort of "nest" for my Nook (in its case), and it stays put nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
No worries. The invoice arrived via email.

I really do hope it's as flexible as the Book Beanie, though. You can shape that sucker into pretty much anything the situation demands. I just like the idea that Coyl's Custom Creations don't have eyes. I hate being stared at while I'm reading, even if it's by something as cute as a Book Beanie.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #86
BenBanned
Groupie
BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Dude, while eating I eat, I don't read. And if I did, my fingers would be dirty with whatever food, marmalade, eggs, cheese slices I'd be having for breakfast and believe me I'd rather shoot myself than touch my reader screen with my fingers then, to turn pages I mean.

Two things I avoid:
Reading in public,
Reading and eating,

I do enjoy observing people read and eat in public at Denny's
BenBanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #87
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I just got mine and am very happy with it. (I also didn't like the eyes on the Book Beanie.) I would say it basically keeps its shape, but I push down on the bottom center and make a sort of "nest" for my Nook (in its case), and it stays put nicely.
I took a look at the site but got confused on which one would hold a Kindle Fire in Portrait mode? Also there was talk about base and covers... do you have to buy both? That's really pricey.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #88
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
I bought the size 4 for a NookColor (which I use in portrait mode in its case). I believe the base and cover are an option for people who want multiple covers. I bought a regular cushion, but added (optional) embroidery.

You can e-mail the owner at the address on her site; she's very helpful about what size to order, etc. and gets back to you right away. It took less than a week from the time I started asking her questions to receiving my finished product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I took a look at the site but got confused on which one would hold a Kindle Fire in Portrait mode? Also there was talk about base and covers... do you have to buy both? That's really pricey.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #89
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
No, please, don't!!!!!
Don't pollute the noble action of eating with other activities! For your own sake!

Eating demands your full attention and concentration!
You have to enjoy the flavours, the bouquet, the aroma and also the looks of your food!
It's Art at its finest expression!

Don't reduce it to the mere action of putting calories into your mouth...

Don't read while you eat!

Oh my!
I hardly imagine how sad would it be...

And I heard about barbarians who even turn on their TV set.......

+1 to that.
1 hobby after another.
Mixing them is a mess diminishing pleasure.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:24 AM   #90
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I bought the size 4 for a NookColor (which I use in portrait mode in its case). I believe the base and cover are an option for people who want multiple covers. I bought a regular cushion, but added (optional) embroidery.

You can e-mail the owner at the address on her site; she's very helpful about what size to order, etc. and gets back to you right away. It took less than a week from the time I started asking her questions to receiving my finished product.
Thanks! I will do that I only want it for the KF. Right now I use a throw pillow.